Better Than Black Friday
49 Members and 12496 Guests Online

Coffee Talk

Keurig won't turn on

Started 1343864266.82 in Coffee Talk | Last reply 1345001912.87 by Kzeks

After reading older posts, I don't feel as bad as I did earlier since I bought the brewer (Keurig Platinum) in 2009. I've had really no major problems until now. I did turn on this morning, but just the light on the water reservoir came on, not the control panel.

So, I was in line at Mickey D's getting some coffee this morning (groan).

I read a help forum for Keurig where it said you could run the vinegar through, but nothing was moving through my machine at all. No water loading, nada. The second suggestion was to "burp" the machine, which had a lot of success. I did that and the lights did come on but the control panel was not as brightly lit as before. I turned it off as it still wasn't heating up.

I tried cleaning the point that punctures the Kcup but that did not seem clogged at all. Next, I turned the machine on - or tried to. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. Multiple switches and it's still dead.

Any suggestions as to which single cup brewer is best? I saw that Cuisinart has one. I have Kohl's cash and a coupon for purchases over $100, so I may be headed in that direction.

I really need my coffee! Waaaahhh. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Page 1 of 1
RedConvert­ibleGirl1343864535.6614431 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

Where did you purchase it from? Bed Bath and Beyond maybe? Hopefully?

I have the Platinum B70 and that's pretty much how mine died also. I bought mine from Q, and even though I was maybe a month past the year warranty Keurig did send me a free replacement. If you did happen to get it from BB&B you make take it there at anytime for a refund/replacement.

Last edited on 8/1/2012

Last edited on 8/1/2012

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

canary2sing1343910284.56719 PostsRegistered 8/28/2010

No I got it as a TSV from the Q back in 2009. I may have to rethink and purchase a new one at Bed Bath and Beyond if they take it back regardless of sale date (just keep the receipt).

Summerdrea­ms1343919671.057249 PostsRegistered 12/4/2008

Threads like this make me not want to purchase the Keurig. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Running ou­t of return$1343920764.49928 PostsRegistered 4/24/2009

Unplug it from the outlet and plug it back in. Worked for me.

Rustys mom1343924617.4848 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Ohio

/same thing happened to mine. It was 17 months old and I called Keurig. Although I did not get a new one free, I did get a great discount, they sold me the platinum which is the one I had, regular 179.99 for 79.99 and when I called to register it, Keurig gave me a coupon for buy 2 boxes of k-cups, get 2 free. Just hope that if it goes bad again, it does it before the 1 yr. is up so I can get the next one free.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1343936295.9514431 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 8/2/2012 Summerdreams said:

Threads like this make me not want to purchase the Keurig. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

If they're in the warranty time frame Keurig replaces them for free. I'm good with that. If you buy from Bed Bath & Beyond there is no timeframe. It could be 3 or 4 years later and they will replace it or refund your money. Gotta love that! I will never be without my Keurg!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

AnikaBrodie1343940245.71715378 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008The NE state of mountains and valleys

Oh my, another one bit the dust. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I've read so many horror stories on here about Keurig.

I bought the Keurig Platinum TSV a couple years back and descaled it according to the manual directions. Long story short -- it bit the dust when it was 13 months old. One month out of guarantee. I will not buy another Keurig unless and until they can prove to me all their problems are in the distant past.

I'm now back to my Black & Decker and it's several years older than the Keurig was and works just fine.

~~~The Silver Fox ~~~
“... We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason..." (Anonymous)

RedConvert­ibleGirl1343957966.02714431 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

Anika - Keurig would've replaced it for free had you called them.

AnikaBrodie1343960691.215378 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008The NE state of mountains and valleys
On 8/2/2012 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Anika - Keurig would've replaced it for free had you called them.

Thanks, but I'm NOT interested in the Keurig. Anyway, it was out of guarantee by one month.

~~~The Silver Fox ~~~
“... We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason..." (Anonymous)

bonnielu1343960901.1635881 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western Maryland

Customer service is wonderful. Thanks for the tip on where to buy. I think if I should ever need a new one I will try out Bed Bath.

robkatyat1344265286.452078 PostsRegistered 10/14/2006
On 8/2/2012 canary2sing said:

No I got it as a TSV from the Q back in 2009. I may have to rethink and purchase a new one at Bed Bath and Beyond if they take it back regardless of sale date (just keep the receipt).

That is when I purchased mine. Dec 2009 TSV. It died the same way in June of this year.. I belong to Green Mountain Roasters GMCR cafe express club. They replaced my Keurig for free. They give you a lifetime guarantee once it is out of the Keurig guarantee. It does not matter where you purchased it. If you happen to belong, give them a call.

Good luck.

Last edited on 8/6/2012

Last edited on 8/6/2012

BJR1344530804.2832275 PostsRegistered 8/8/2006

robkatyat- what is the Green Mountain Roasters GMCR cafe express club? BJR.

hattrick1344532740.13974 PostsRegistered 6/29/2010
On 8/2/2012 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 8/2/2012 Summerdreams said:

If they're in the warranty time frame Keurig replaces them for free. I'm good with that. If you buy from Bed Bath & Beyond there is no timeframe. It could be 3 or 4 years later and they will replace it or refund your money. Gotta love that! I will never be without my Keurg!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Hmmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. I also purchased mine, actually 3 of them, some for gifts, at the same time and mine died a month ago. It said to Descale, which we did twice, that didn't work, so we had to clean the K-cup and needle. It worked for a couple of days and that was it.

I have a friend who purchased one 11 years ago and she has never Descaled, and never had a problem.

Does anyone think when they sell over 100,000 of something, maybe they aren't made the same way as the ones found elsewhere?

cathysafr1344957817.274 PostsRegistered 11/3/2010

I've had my Keurig for about a year and a half now and it has just stopped working. I've descaled it, called Keurig and did what they suggested nothing is working. The water won't go through the machine at all. I purchased this as a TSV at QVC when it first started appearing on their TV show. These machines cost alot of money and for it to only work for a little over a year it nonsense. I really love how it works when it's working but now I have a decision to make buy another one or get some other brand of this type of coffee maker. I am retired and on a fixed income so I am really not sure just what to do. So dissappointed. There must be something to do with the water quality that is causing all these problems to many people are having the same type of problems.

Rocker1344959106.791777 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007Nashville, TN

Call Keurig. They have always helped me to the max.

MalteseMom­ma1344961234.6437744 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

Have you checked to see if you have enough water in it? I did that 2 x. I'm such a dummy,I got all upset,then found it only needed water.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

robkatyat1344989585.82078 PostsRegistered 10/14/2006
On 8/9/2012 BJR said:

robkatyat- what is the Green Mountain Roasters GMCR cafe express club? BJR.

https://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/mbrSignIn.aspx

Why Join?

• Now save 15% on your entire order, every time! K-Cup® packs, Vue® packs, bagged coffee, gifts, accessories, brewers are all 15% off.
  • Join for free and cancel anytime without penalty
  • Receive what you want, when you want it with flexible delivery schedules
  • Get additional savings when you reach Platinum Status now after your 4th order!

Learn more about the Café Express® Savings Club.

FREE extended warranty on Keurig® coffee makers - Another advantage of being a Café Express® member is that you receive a FREE extended warranty on all your Keurig® brewers as long as you remain active within the club. If your Keurig brewer stops working at any time during your Café Express® membership, Green Mountain Coffee® will replace it with the same model, or a comparable model based on the original purchase price, at no cost to you.

Last edited on 8/14/2012

Last edited on 8/14/2012

RedConvert­ibleGirl1344989974.9914431 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

A lot of the ones that have issues seem to be the Platinum B70 model. When they die, they die. No amount of unpluggin, descaling, pointing, poking, turning upside down, checking water levels, standing on your head and chanting will bring it back. Hopefull you're within the warranty period (or just a few months out) and Keurig sends you a new one. Lesson learned here is BUY FROM BED BATH AND BEYOND. They will replace it (and any product they sell) at anytime for free. It doesn't matter if it's dead 2 or 3 years down the road. If you don't have a receipt and you paid by a credit/debit card they can look that information up. (I had a vacuum cleaner that died, didn't have the receipt but paid with debit card. It didn't show up in the system and they STILL replaced it!)

Kzeks1345001912.874852 PostsRegistered 5/25/2006Michigan/Europe

This is crazy.... On Friday my daughter told me that her

Keurig, that is less than a year old had stopped working.

Another Keurig she had before this one, stopped working

so she threw it out...

Today my other daughter told me that HER Keurig that she

has for over a year has stopped working...She tried every

thing to make it work .....and nothing....

I have a Tassimo for over 6 years I believe.... I got it

before my grand daughter was born & she is now 4 years

old... It works very well.....

Page 1 of 1