Dooney Days
120 Members and 16232 Guests Online

Coffee Talk

Swiss Miss K-Cups ~ what?!?!?

Started 1322413975.02 in Coffee Talk | Last reply 1331006934.557 by Rocker

I got a coupon in the paper a week or two ago for new Swiss Miss K-Cups! I love Swiss Miss & assume they're probably cheaper than the Cafe Escapes. Has anyone seen these in the grocery stores, Walmart? I forgot I had the coupon, so I haven't really been looking. I thought I'd ask on here figuring someone would have seen them. Thanks!! :)

~ Mom of 3 kids and 3 furbabies ~

Page 1 of 1
BAGGIRL1322439337.667955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts

Yes, I was able to find them in my local supermarket here in Massachusetts.

They started carrying them about 3 weeks ago.

I have not tried it yet ( I assume they taste like any other form of Swiss Miss)

I gave a couple to a friend for her son. He loved it ! She went to buy some and they were sold out. If you find it and you like it, you better stock up.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those products that disappears off grocery shelves as fast as they stock it.

GOOD LUCK

anniebear1322440837.207680 PostsRegistered 3/1/2009

It's so easy to make Swiss Miss without the Kcups I see no need to even search for them. Just put the amount you need for the cup you are using in the cup, turn on the Keurig and when the blue buttons come on lift the lid as you would when you insert a Kcup and then close it again and push the button for the size cup you are using. The hot water will fill the cup and all you have to do is stir...plus you can use the kind with the little marshmallows this way too! I make tea the same way with tea bags and I've even made the Ramen noodle soup that comes in the foam cups...just use the biggest cup setting when the water is ready and it fills these perfectly (you do need to follow the instructions and replace the paper lid for a few minutes after the water is in the cup). I know you can buy Kcups with different teas and other drinks, but I find I have more choices this way and it's way more cost effective. I would however love to try the hot apple cider since I don't think you can get the powdered version of that. The only thing I really brew now in the Keurig is coffee for my DH. I love using it though and it sure is a fast way to fix a cup of something.

birkin baby1322441208.895098 PostsRegistered 1/20/2011
On 11/27/2011 anniebear said:

It's so easy to make Swiss Miss without the Kcups I see no need to even search for them. Just put the amount you need for the cup you are using in the cup, turn on the Keurig and when the blue buttons come on lift the lid as you would when you insert a Kcup and then close it again and push the button for the size cup you are using. The hot water will fill the cup and all you have to do is stir...plus you can use the kind with the little marshmallows this way too! I make tea the same way with tea bags and I've even made the Ramen noodle soup that comes in the foam cups...just use the biggest cup setting when the water is ready and it fills these perfectly (you do need to follow the instructions and replace the paper lid for a few minutes after the water is in the cup). I know you can buy Kcups with different teas and other drinks, but I find I have more choices this way and it's way more cost effective. I would however love to try the hot apple cider since I don't think you can get the powdered version of that. The only thing I really brew now in the Keurig is coffee for my DH. I love using it though and it sure is a fast way to fix a cup of something.

You can get powdered apple cider in the grocery store right there with the hot chocolate. I use sugar free swiss miss packets too,just like you described.so much cheaper than cafe escapes.

Pam in NC1322446601.577254 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009
Thanks Baggirl I will have to look. Hoping Walmart carries them!

RedConvert­ibleGirl1322446827.10314427 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

OK, I totally love my Keurig but I gotta draw the line at Swiss Miss K-Cups. I'd rather just buy the canister of the stuff and make it the old fashioned way. Some things I don't mind splurging on, but everyday run of the mill hot chocolate? I don't get it.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Yahooey1322519465.9534583 PostsRegistered 7/9/2010

I always make 1/2 water and 1/2 milk when it comes to hot chocolate. I tried the kcup cocoa and find it not rich enough.

Sooner1322581773.80715401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 11/27/2011 RedConvertibleGirl said:

OK, I totally love my Keurig but I gotta draw the line at Swiss Miss K-Cups. I'd rather just buy the canister of the stuff and make it the old fashioned way. Some things I don't mind splurging on, but everyday run of the mill hot chocolate? I don't get it.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Convenience, no mess, great for guests, something nice to put in the holder so people can choose it or coffee or cider or tea and make a cup. I get it. And I buy it.

4uthebest1322584853.3973527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 11/27/2011 BAGGIRL said:

Yes, I was able to find them in my local supermarket here in Massachusetts.

They started carrying them about 3 weeks ago.

I have not tried it yet ( I assume they taste like any other form of Swiss Miss)

I gave a couple to a friend for her son. He loved it ! She went to buy some and they were sold out. If you find it and you like it, you better stock up.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those products that disappears off grocery shelves as fast as they stock it.

GOOD LUCK

Yes it will be a HUGE money cow. Totally ridiculous IMHO but I imagine there are people with money to burn and I am not one of them especially having a machine that dispenses hot water. Maybe I am too cheap in my old age?

RedConvert­ibleGirl1322585126.08314427 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 11/29/2011 Sooner said:
On 11/27/2011 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Convenience, no mess, great for guests, something nice to put in the holder so people can choose it or coffee or cider or tea and make a cup. I get it. And I buy it.

OK, I get buying them for company. But still, it's just Swiss Miss. I would purchase the Cafe' one (taste great), but that's just me.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

shopalot591322585457.63249 PostsRegistered 10/11/2007

My sister just bought some at Walmart. They were by the coffee - not the hot chocolate section which is actually in the same aisle as the coffee. She doesn't drink hot chocolate very often so she liked the convenience of just buying the cups.

blue_weima­raner1322586036.5131138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania

oh. my. goodness.

What will they think of next? Instant hot cocoa that is even more instant than instant.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

To each his own, I guess. Personally, I don't care how other people spend their money but the laziness of this does slightly concern me. Sorry.

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

RedConvert­ibleGirl1322586331.2114427 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 11/29/2011 blue_weimaraner said:

oh. my. goodness.

What will they think of next? Instant hot cocoa that is even more instant than instant.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} It does sound funny, doesn't it? I admit, I use the Cafe' ones on the weekends because I actually like the taste much better than the stuff I have in the Swiss Miss canister. I just draw the line at spending that much for, IMO, inferior hot chocolate. And one or two a week won't break the bank. :-)

Sooner1322592554.54715401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

oh. my. goodness.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

To each his own, I guess. Personally, I don't care how other people spend their money but the laziness of this does slightly concern me. Sorry.

Well that's a pretty harsh shot now isn't it? First of all, it is how I choose to spend my money. Second, I could care less about how you spend yours. It isn't any of my business. I also am not going to judge someone I don't know on how they spend theirs.

Whether I want to provide the convenience at my house (and your perception of "laziness") should be absolutely no concern of yours or anyone else's. I can't believe someone would be so rude and thoughtless to say something like this. And I'm not sorry either.

blue_weima­raner1322603400.0831138 PostsRegistered 7/17/2007Pennsylvania

oh. my. goodness.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Well that's a pretty harsh shot now isn't it? First of all, it is how I choose to spend my money. Second, I could care less about how you spend yours. It isn't any of my business. I also am not going to judge someone I don't know on how they spend theirs.

Whether I want to provide the convenience at my house (and your perception of "laziness") should be absolutely no concern of yours or anyone else's. I can't believe someone would be so rude and thoughtless to say something like this. And I'm not sorry either.

Gee Sooner, did I hit a nerve here or what?! Here's the thing - you must not be aware of this but, - I am The K-Cup Police. (Don't tell anyone, I work undercover) It's my job to judge people's character and relevance as human beings by the K-Cups they choose to purchase. If the K-Cups you prefer do not meet my standards (for whatever reason) you are immediately determined to be a terrorist and fined $100. Because my opinion really matters. Now that we have that settled, let's all make a nice warm cup of Swiss Miss and calm down.

*smoochies*

Seriously, I didn't mean to accuse anyone of being lazy. But I can honestly say that I thought the title of this thread was a joke. Like the OP was saying - "what the heck?!" to a Swiss Miss K cup, because that's what I was thinking... << cheers >>

my weimaraner is smarter than your honor student

* whatever doesn't kill me had better start running *

winamac11322603488.4531398 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

oh. my. goodness.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Wink

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

~Lucky Lu~1322605827.231054 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007Go Get 'Em Tigers!

We use a coffee service at work - the Keurig machine is rent-free, but we buy all of our K-Cups through them. They're no more expensive than anywhere else and there's free delivery, so it's all good. They carry the hot chocolate K-cups, but have strongly advised against their use. Evidently the cocoa can gum up the works, so to speak, in a way that neither tea nor coffee will.

So we use the packets and just run the hot water through.

Fifty Shades of Honolulu Blue: Rooting for a sports team has never felt like this.

tennpal151322606157.82454 PostsRegistered 12/15/2005
On 11/29/2011 ~Lucky Lu~ said:

We use a coffee service at work - the Keurig machine is rent-free, but we buy all of our K-Cups through them. They're no more expensive than anywhere else and there's free delivery, so it's all good. They carry the hot chocolate K-cups, but have strongly advised against their use. Evidently the cocoa can gum up the works, so to speak, in a way that neither tea nor coffee will.

So we use the packets and just run the hot water through.

I think they usually advise running a cup or 2 of hot water after using the hot cocoa types to clear it out.

I prefer mine with milk ... cocoa with water has never tasted good to me.

4uthebest1322612883.3333527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 11/29/2011 tennpal15 said:

I think they usually advise running a cup or 2 of hot water after using the hot cocoa types to clear it out.

I prefer mine with milk ... cocoa with water has never tasted good to me.

It is my understanding that the SM cocoa is made from milk and..

Sooner1322660497.49315401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

oh. my. goodness.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Gee Sooner, did I hit a nerve here or what?! Here's the thing - you must not be aware of this but, - I am The K-Cup Police. (Don't tell anyone, I work undercover) It's my job to judge people's character and relevance as human beings by the K-Cups they choose to purchase. If the K-Cups you prefer do not meet my standards (for whatever reason) you are immediately determined to be a terrorist and fined $100. Because my opinion really matters. Now that we have that settled, let's all make a nice warm cup of Swiss Miss and calm down.

*smoochies*

Seriously, I didn't mean to accuse anyone of being lazy. But I can honestly say that I thought the title of this thread was a joke. Like the OP was saying - "what the heck?!" to a Swiss Miss K cup, because that's what I was thinking... << cheers >>

Yes, you hit a nerve. So thanks for the post and smoochies back at 'ya. It is just bizarre to my how some people on this board feel compelled to berate others over what kind of coffee maker they use--or lipstick or e-reader! So often rather than a simple statement of why it does or doesn't work for them people get hostile over someone choosing to use a k-cup or a non-Amazon e-readeer!

I have been accused of being wasteful, a spend-thrift, a non-green destroyer of the Earth, and other things because of what kind of coffee maker we have! Now you're adding "lazy" to the pot (decaf or otherwise).

All that people have figured about me because we very seldom drink coffee, usually need one cup at a time, and don't like drippy grounds and leftover coffee as we are trying to get out the door so often. Now what is that all about?

LabLuver1322669015.06888 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009Ohio
On 11/28/2011 Yahooey said:

I always make 1/2 water and 1/2 milk when it comes to hot chocolate. I tried the kcup cocoa and find it not rich enough.

I make my Swiss Miss with milk also and it makes a much richer cup of cocoa. LOVE the dark chocolate.

I just bought a Keurig, but can't imagine buying Swiss Miss K Cups. A lot of times, I can find boxes of Swiss Miss for around a dollar, even less if I have a coupon. Swiss Miss in a k cup doesn't seem very economical to me. That's only my opinion, though. If you love the Swiss Miss k cups, enjoy! Smile

What the caterpillar thinks is the end...the butterfly knows is only the beginning.

Pam in NC1322934866.22254 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

I am totally new to Keurig as I bought this for Christmas and wrapped it up as soon as it arrived and will open Christmas Eve morning. Been stocking up on KCups.

Thanks to all of you who took the time out for posting your "reply" and nothing negative. I was simply asking a question and had no idea of the cost of the product which was why I posted it in the first place. I saw them in my local grocery store the other day finally and didn't purchase even with a coupon because I won't spend that much on Swiss Miss.

@Tennpal15 & Lucky Lu ~ thank you for that info & will try to remember to do that after every use because I did buy the Cafe Escapes, yikes!! Im assuming just hit brew to clear it out??

As for the negative comments, I just don't get it. Not one time have I ever made a negative reply to anyone on any of these forums and I have seen some CRAZY posts. I just read them and if I am thinking some sarcastic or negative (which I do quite a bit LOL), I just move on and say NOTHING.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Last edited on 12/3/2011

Last edited on 12/3/2011

mitchjenn1330260353.0474 PostsRegistered 8/6/2010

I found them at Sams Club in a 52 count for $29. I also have seen the 12 count at Kroger for 9.99 so they are available and better than the Cafe brand!

Rocker1331006932.3931775 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007Nashville, TN

I honestly don't understand why you would want a Swiss Miss K cup. The envelopes taste horrible enough.

Rocker1331006934.5571775 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007Nashville, TN

I honestly don't understand why you would want a Swiss Miss K cup. The envelopes taste horrible enough.

Page 1 of 1