Better Than Black Friday
63 Members and 16354 Guests Online

Coffee Talk

Donut Shop K-Cups-Puffy Tops OK?

Started 1321394190.323 in Coffee Talk | Last reply 1321655990.797 by bamamom

I just received a box of the Donut Shop k-cups with my new machine. However, the foil tops of them look "puffy" - sort of puffed up. Never seen them before, but is this normal and ok? I got a box of Dunkin' Donuts k-cups and they aren't like this. TIA.

Page 1 of 1
carrob1321394395.951819 PostsRegistered 10/6/2010 FL

Yes, they are ok, not sure why the tops puff, maybe from heat...just a guess, I am in FL.

rosie031321394726.647725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2007

mine always look like that, i think it is trapped air

expatgal1321394920.395599 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005

Thanks so much. Can you tell I'm a K-Newbie? I just did my first cleansing brew. What is the trick for pouring the water from your mug into the machine without getting it all over the counter? Do you all use a pouring measuring cup or am I just naturally messy???

Emily Paige1321395851.14142 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

I just use a water bottle

I Love My Weiner Dog

bamamom1321398084.513979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion

expatgal....The Keurig rep told me (when I was having my last issue with a brewer) that the cups should be puffy on top. I think your okay.

WHERE did you get Dunkin Donut cups? I tried to order from Keurig and was given a message stating they could only be purchased from Dunkin Donut stores. Stopped in FL on the way home from vacation, after seeing an exit with Dunkin, and they had Kcups. Bought two boxes. GONE already {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Last edited on 11/15/2011

BAGGIRL1321401278.593955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts
On 11/15/2011 bamamom said:

expatgal....The Keurig rep told me (when I was having my last issue with a brewer) that the cups should be puffy on top. I think your okay.

WHERE did you get Dunkin Donut cups? I tried to order from Keurig and was given a message stating they could only be purchased from Dunkin Donut stores. Stopped in FL on the way home from vacation, after seeing an exit with Dunkin, and they had Kcups. Bought two boxes. GONE already {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Donut Shop K cups are not the same as Dunkin Donuts K cups

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/Coffee/k-cup-coffee-people-original-donut-shop

bamamom1321415573.1979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion
On 11/15/2011 BAGGIRL said:

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/Coffee/k-cup-coffee-people-original-donut-shop

I know they are not the same. We have the Donut Shop coffee, hubby drinks it everyday, from Keurig BUT they have come out with the Dunkin Donuts coffee in K-cups, which is only sold at Dunkin Donut shop. Bought those on FL on the way home from vacation. I wish if they were going to put the Dunkin Donut coffee in Kcups that Keurig would sell it. Target has the Dunkin coffee in the bag, so keeping fingers crossed they will start to carry the kcups as well in the Dunkin coffees.

robkatyat1321462636.452078 PostsRegistered 10/14/2006

I know they are not the same. We have the Donut Shop coffee, hubby drinks it everyday, from Keurig BUT they have come out with the Dunkin Donuts coffee in K-cups, which is only sold at Dunkin Donut shop. Bought those on FL on the way home from vacation. I wish if they were going to put the Dunkin Donut coffee in Kcups that Keurig would sell it. Target has the Dunkin coffee in the bag, so keeping fingers crossed they will start to carry the kcups as well in the Dunkin coffees.

Bamamom, Coffee People brand donut shop k cups are much better than GMCR Donut House coffee. Coffee people's has much more flavor. They have other great k cups also. I have purchased them from Amazon and GMCR . Good decaf also.

Last edited on 11/16/2011

bamamom1321476641.04979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion
On 11/16/2011 robkatyat said:

Bamamom, Coffee People brand donut shop k cups are much better than GMCR Donut House coffee. Coffee people's has much more flavor. They have other great k cups also. I have purchased them from Amazon and GMCR . Good decaf also.

Hi robkatyat...that is the donut shop brand we use, Coffee People. I've not used the GM donut house brand. Have used the Dunkin donut brand though. I did find the dunkin donut k-cups on amazon last night. Will probably order some from there rather than drive an hour with no guarantee that the dunkin donut shop will have any k-cups on hand.

Thanks.

BAGGIRL1321484303.693955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts

Sorry, I guess I misread your post.

I am thinking that Dunkin will eventually sell in retail stores. As you probably heard Starbucks is now selling K cups in supermarkets and will start selling in their shops in the near future.

BAGGIRL1321484518.443955 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010Massachusetts

I agree, Coffee People has the best coffee. I love all of their varieties ! Even the decaf !

bamamom1321556162.603979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion
On 11/16/2011 BAGGIRL said:

I agree, Coffee People has the best coffee. I love all of their varieties ! Even the decaf !

I need to try the decaf, my mom is coming for the holidays and that is all she can drink.

bamamom1321641889.487979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion
On 11/16/2011 BAGGIRL said:

Sorry, I guess I misread your post.

I am thinking that Dunkin will eventually sell in retail stores. As you probably heard Starbucks is now selling K cups in supermarkets and will start selling in their shops in the near future.

Hi Baggirl...I hope Dunkin will start selling the K cups in stores, it's an hour away to the nearest DD and they NEVER have the regular flavor K cups in stock. I can get bags of Dunkin at Target and may start doing that now that I decided to get an old fashioned perculator and make a pot of coffee. Had thought about a French Press after being on vacation and decided if I had to boil water and then pour it over the grounds, I would let the machine do it for me and make the coffee at the same time. Will still use the Keurig during the week though!

debc1321652654.462835 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009

When I got the puffy ones I just pushed the cups down hard and pierced the bottom first. Then closed the lids.

Cheese with that whine?

circles1321653238.08317690 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.

I have been buying the Donut Shop since I have had my Kuerig...a couple of years, now...They always come puffy....no problem...drink up...

tennpal151321653416.987455 PostsRegistered 12/15/2005
On 11/18/2011 debc said:

When I got the puffy ones I just pushed the cups down hard and pierced the bottom first. Then closed the lids.

I had read that the puffy ones are fresher.... and that you should pierce the bottom before closing to prevent air in the lines of the Keirug... so that's what I do.

bamamom1321655990.797979 PostsRegistered 2/19/2007State of Confusion

tennpal15...thanks for the info. I'll mention that to DH as he is the one that drinks the Donut Shop.

Page 1 of 1