New Contributor

No wide/narrow width in the trendier sandals?

I've noticed this with a few styles where they only come out in medium width. The Okena comes to mind. But the email I got about A264578 was the kicker. C'mon, Clarks & QVC. You thought you could put a shoe out like this only in med?? Like the lower profile wedge; love the floral print. But a med would cut into the sole of my foot. Please start launching more of the new seasonal trends in wides and narrows, instead of making us wait (at best) or not serving us at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: No wide/narrow width in the trendier sandals?

Do you have any Clark's shoes or sandals? The reason I ask is because I have a wide foot and can wear their shoes without the wide width.

Honored Contributor

You might try sizing up too.

New Contributor

Have a lot Clarks. Sometimes I can get away with a med, but not always. Depends on the cut of the shoe. At a 10, sizing up isn't really an option. An 11 would be too big.

Frequent Contributor

I wear a 6W in Clarks. Sizing up doesn't solve the problem of a medium width being too tight because a 6 1/2 is too long and the proportions are off for the fit I need in a shoe. Love this brand but I, too, have been disappointed to see so many cute new Clarks that only come in medium widths. I end up buying multiple colors when I find a Clarks 6W that fits, is comfortable and is cute enough to where I don't feel like I'm wearing my 80-year-old mom's shoes. The best thing about limited styles in wide is that it keeps me from buying more shoes. Bad for Clarks, good for my credit card! Wink Seriously, though, I'd love to see Clarks offer more styles in wide widths, too.

Respected Contributor

I wear Clarks, it's one of my "go to" brands. However, I've noticed that the really upscale or fashionable styles are practically never offered in wide widths. But a couple of times I found that Clarks website does have that shoe in wide width. The newer shoe vendors who are offering updated styles don't offer wide widths at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I am always looking for the wide width shoes as gifts for my daughter in law. She also has a high instep. There are less and less styles that are in wide widths and not all these shoes are "true" wide widths. I purchased a pair of Softt clogs in wide for her for Christmas and I couldn't get my foot in them let alone give them as a gift. I don't know where the quality control has gone, where the sizing consistency has gone and where the extended sizing has gone. It is disappointing and frustrating and that's ignoring the prices.

Honored Contributor

I agree that some of the really cute sandals/shoes only come in medium. I have complained directly to Clarks on their website. Doubt if it will do any good.

kindness is strength