Trusted Contributor
I am SO over sending Clarks shoes back! The sizes are so inconsistent, the same size can be either too large or too small depending on the style. So how are you supposed to know what size to order, especially if it's a new item and there are no reviews? Even ordering two different sizes doesn't work, neither fits properly. I used to love Clarks shooties in particular, I always wore the same size, but I haven't had much luck lately, so no more Clarks for me!
Esteemed Contributor

I find that no matter what, I really need to try on shoes no matter what brand at a bricks and mortar store. I've also had the same experience as you, the same shoes in the same size can fit differently, that happened with the last pair of Clarks shoes I bought. They are black ballet flats called Recent Drive. The pair I bought from Hudson's Bay on sale fit perfectly from the get go. About a week later I saw the exact same Clarks shoes at Winners. They were made in a different month from looking at the code inside the shoes and the same size and color were too big in the heel.

Regular Contributor

Hi. To the OP, your frustration is shared and that's the very reason why I don't order Clarks from the Q. I would love to, bc they have so many cute styles that I can't find in my area. But you are right...the sizing is inconsistent and frankly, I don't want to send them back if they don't fit. At first I thought, "Well, I'll just find a size/style locally & then be able to order the same in a different color when I see them on the Q." Hmm...that didn't work, bc I usually don't see the same styles. Like the poster TY stated, I recently purchased 2 pair of the SAME style of Clarks a few weeks ago(Ashland Scurry). One is a 6(Black), the other is 6 1/2(navy). Glad I tried the Navy ones on, bc if I hadn't, my face would have been cracked bc they would've been too small!

Don't know about anyone else, but I also found there was a "break-in" period for the Clarks I bought a few wks ago. They feel okay now, but those first 2-3 days of wearing them to work......oooooh weeee! {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blink} I never liked the Clarks line, the shoe styles on the Q well do not suit me. I have heard from friends and family members that buy these shoes that the sizing is inconsistent.

Contributor

Trouble is, it's the same with everything. Every clothing line, shoe brand, even toiletries. It's been that way for decades, at least in my experience. I've been happy to find Clarks Bendables work for me, run true to size. I can never find shoes in stores (I wear 11W), so it's either the Q or Zappos, sometimes Footsmart. No way around he problems invloved with buying shoes online.

Valued Contributor
I love clarks, I have 4 pairs of sandals, all the same.Also another shoe that went up in price 120.00to130.00 I have 3 pairs of them. I have boots and other shoes from them all fit no break in time .love all !
Honored Contributor

I had never had a problem with ordering Clarks from the Q. The fit is always the same. Do you a small, narrow foot? Clarks tends to run a little larger than most brands. Sorry you are not having good luck with them. That's all I wear and love them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't buy Clarks because they just aren't made for my feet. I have tried several pair on over the years in the stores, and going up or down 1/2 to a size, changing widths, etc. - none of it has ever worked. The shoes just pinch or the toes hurt or it's "something" - but their last is not meant to fit my feet, so I gave up years ago. Nice shoes, but not for me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I will probably have to send back the new $150 Nubuck hiking sneakers that I purchased. My last pair of Clark's, the moto boot in size 10W, fit like a dream. I thought the hiking shoes would be a safe purchase. There is no way on this Earth that they are a wide - they are mislabeled. The toe is very narrow.

Too bad - if it weren't for the mislabeling of the width they would be a very nice shoe. Rugged sole, nice rocking action, and they're cute. Length fits but I'm going to try them on one more time tonight when my feet are a little more swollen and if they still pinch, back they go.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

Clarks has such good customer service, I don't know why you'd be done with them.