Respected Contributor

Clark's Bendables leaving black marks on floor....

Am returning Clark's Bendable slip ins ( one wide band with two narrower bands all with braiding up front ) because they leave black marks on my floor. I do not need any extra work around the house. They could have averted the problem by selecting better quality components. How annoying....
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: Clark's Bendables leaving black marks on floor....

Sorry double post. --- did not seem to have posted originally.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

jlkz - I have 3 pair of the Bayou loafers. They have a black sole on them and every once in a awhile I scuff my kitchen floor. I know how annoying it can be.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Most black marks from shoe soles can easily be removed with a pencil eraser.

Used to happen with my husband's work boots. Just take an eraser and erase them. No need for scrubbing.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/6/2014 MathisFan said:

Most black marks from shoe soles can easily be removed with a pencil eraser.

Used to happen with my husband's work boots. Just take an eraser and erase them. No need for scrubbing.

What a great tip!
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! glad I never ordered them!

Respected Contributor

I know how to "" erase"" them. The point is bending down or stooping is difficult at this age with a knee problem. But thanks for the tip as one poster above was happy to learn of it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 jlkz said: Am returning Clark's Bendable slip ins ( one wide band with two narrower bands all with braiding up front ) because they leave black marks on my floor. I do not need any extra work around the house. They could have averted the problem by selecting better quality components. How annoying....

Just curious - do you know what other components would prevent this from happening? Many of my shoes do this same thing when they are brand new, but I always thought it was just part of the "breaking-in" period. Admittedly, I don't find it to be that much of an annoyance - but it would be interesting to make note of the differences in soles.

Super Contributor

SmileDo you have tile? If you have tile or linoleum, you can just put a dry textured paper towel down on the floor and put your foot on top of it, if you move your foot back and forth a few times, it will remove the black mark. If it's a huge mark it may take a few more swipes, but it does work and it will come off.

I discovered this trick after I had surgery years ago and couldn't bend over very easily.

Valued Contributor

On 7/7/2014 jlkz said: I know how to " erase" them. The point is bending down or stooping is difficult at this age with a knee problem. But thanks for the tip as one poster above was happy to learn of it.

I'm sorry. Didn't realize you had knee problems. You didn't mention that in your thread. I do too so I understand the problem of stooping, bending, etc. Just trying to help.