Not applicable
How do I clean the footbeds on Clark's shoes? They get soiled with repeated wearing.
Honored Contributor

This question has been sitting here for weeks now. I guess there is no solution. I still love Clarks, right now I have on a pair of Lexis with a cognac footbed to match the leather. It doesn't look that bad, this color footbed I mean. These are sandals, but I'll be getting a closed pair for Fall. So comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Cleaning Your Clarks Footwear

Different types of leather require different types of care, so we made this handy guide for keeping your shoes clean and looking their best.

Full Grain Leathers

To remove dirt, wipe gently with a dry cloth to remove any dried-on dirt and dust. Then dampen the cloth with warm water and wipe again. Allow leather to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and direct heat sources (like heat vents) that can dry out the leather.

Use a high quality cream polish that matches the shoe color, then buff to a shine.

Avoid liquid shoe polishes and silicone sprays.

Beeswaxed and Oiled Leathers

To remove dirt, wipe gently with a dry cloth to remove any dried-on dirt and dust. Then apply a cleaner such as Penguin P100 Instant Cleaner (available at many athletic and sporting goods stores). Allow leather to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and direct heat sources (like heat vents) that can dry out the leather.

Apply a leather protector and restorer, which are composed of oils and other non-water-soluble compounds like lanolin to help guard against water damage to the leather. (Please note this may darken the color of your beeswax leather.)

Patent Leathers

Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to remove any haze.

A patent leather cleaner that contains silicone will return the high gloss.

Suede and Nubuck Leathers

To clean, use a rubber eraser to remove dirt and smudges. Then, brush lightly with a soft brush specifically for suede and nubuck products.

Care should be taken to brush in the same direction. If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colors.

Never use a wire brush or polish on suede or nubuck. (Some suede brushes do have wire in the center, which is specifically made for use on suede).

Follow up with a silicone spray for water and stain resistance.

Weatherproofing

To weatherproof your shoes, we suggest a non-silicone spray or a rain/stain repellant.

Valued Contributor

I recently purchased a pair of Taos wedge sandals from The Walking Company. They sell a product for $9.95 that is supposed to clean the footbed. It is called ""The Walking Company Shoe & Sandal Refresher. Here is the link: http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/the-walking-company-shoe-&-sandal-refresher-none/21570

Hope this helps.

Frequent Contributor

I take some soap and water on a washcloth and clean them and sometimes a soft brush will do the trick with soap and water on it. Than of course I raise them with a cloth that is just dampen with water.