Valued Contributor

Carolyn Pollack/Relios Collections Catalog

I have been organizing my jewelry (part of my New Year's resolution) and it's been nice pulling things out and putting them in rotation. In many cases I tossed out the boxes and receipts long ago and so I don't have item numbers. My online purchase history doesn't seem to go back far enough or be comprehensive enough to show earlier purchases. I'd love to have a catalog of Carolyn Pollack/Sincerely Southwest/Relios collections. Does anyone know if something like that exists? On her website she has current collections but I don't see retired collections. I'd love to have photos and descriptions for reference and because her pieces are so beautiful and interesting, I'd enjoy looking at the photos. I used to collect American glassware and had reference books that showed the entire lines produced and current values. Would love to see something like this for her jewelry. Wonder if there are enough collectors to justify such a publication/website.

Valued Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack/Relios Collections Catalog

I don't know of any type of catalog myself, but I have looked on Ebay over the years and you can see older pieces of Carolyn's and some of Jay Kings older pieces for sale there. Even if you aren't looking to purchase you can still look at things.

Super Contributor

There isn't a book, and many collectors who post here agree there should be.
I have an extensive collection myself, and if I can offer you help in identifying pieces from your collection feel free to ask. I have done TONS of my own research!
If you don't know how to post photos, a description of your pieces will do. I check in on the forums here several times a week.

Valued Contributor

Gulf coast girl, I do look on ebay and have filled in my collection with some older pieces from there.

kathoderay, I appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind as I organize my pieces. I do know how to post photos and may just do that. Thanks!

Super Contributor

I've asked for a catalogue or some sort of coffee table book listing the collections many, many times - Judith Ripka did one for her fans - all my requests have been ignored - don't know why we can't get one - it shouldn't be that hard - but what can I say=keep on asking i guess!

NOTE: Alex if you are reading this - please ask CP about it - your long time collectors(and newer collectors) will thank you!!

Valued Contributor

On the Delphi Bixby Forum, one of the girls put together an online catalog of very piece, item #, and original price. It is an invaluable tool. Someone here who has many of Cp pieces and is techno savvy might want to do the same. Of course, the easiest thing is to ask CP directly through Facebook.
Super Contributor

I have asked her through Facebook - no response

Super Contributor

Got a message from Alex - he is going to talk to CP about this and see what they can come up with!! YEA!

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope she puts out a book. What a thrill that would be! As well as a fantastic resource.

Several years ago, I was at a conference at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX, near Dallas/Fort Worth, and there was a CP store there. When I went in I was absolutely dazzled by the inventory. The place was packed with display cases with her designs grouped by design and gemstone. I was like a kid pressing my face against the window of a candy store. It was all so beautiful and, frankly, overwhelming. I imagine the book having a similar impact. She's got such an impressive volume of pieces. It would be amazing to see the collections in a book. I'd make an advance order if they would consider publishing one and I have some people in mind who would love a book like this as a gift.