Respected Contributor

I had ordered the J280712 turquoise ring in March and loved it so much I ordered the red coral version. I wore the red coral a couple of times and looked at it one day after washing my hands and a stone was missing, so I returned it. Today I went to wear my turquoise ring and alas, a stone missing. This is ridiculous. Obviously not a well made ring. I was going to get the X ring and also wanted J315766 (which sold out but now they have one in my size) but I am sooooo afraid of paying for these rings with the small stones. Seems they are not secure in their setting. I feel the quality of these pieces are going downhill.{#emotions_dlg.huh} Such a disappointment.

Super Contributor

That is terrible that they do not secure the stones very well on such expensive pieces... it should be a matter of pride in the workmanship. I would email Carolyn or facebook her and tell her about it. I would hope she would make things right for you.

Super Contributor

Sparklestar, so sorry to hear about this - on both rings. That has never ever happened to me and I am hard on my rings. However, I take my rings with stones off, when I wash my hands, because all the vendors tell you to do that. So I am careful in that regard.

I would definitely call CP's customer service. They are very good about fixing things. Since both rings were affected, I would get in touch with Alex, their ambassador. Good luck and let us know how it was worked out.

Honored Contributor

This is disheartening to hear. I've ordered a few pieces from this line over the years, but they're worn sparingly. While I've never been a big fan of the line, lately, I'd been seeing more pieces I really liked and had planned to collect. Now, I'll have to give that a little more consideration.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I looked at the ring under a strong magnifying glass that my husband uses when he ties flies for fly fishing, and you can actually see where the prongs (three on each small stone) are not even pushed down to hold the stone in on the pointed end of the teardrop stone, so there is really nothing holding the stone in. You can actually put your fingernail between the prong and the stone. If I can see this under a magnifying glass, why wouldn't the person assembling it see that???? I don't think I'll take my chances with those other rings. Made in USA or not, if the stones fall out it's a defective piece.

Contributor

I bought that same ring back when it was the TSV. I lost a stone too. Call customer service. They will take care of it. I sent it via UPPS and insured it w/ a return receipt so I knew when they received it. I do baby this particular ring but have lots more of CP/AW rings that I wear without worrying and I can be VERY rough on my jewelry. Never had any trouble with them.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure they will take care of it, like they did when I returned the red coral ring, but I just expected more from this line. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I also wonder if they are trying much too hard to capitalize on this whole "sleeping beauty mine" thing, while at the same time not trying enough to product a quality product. Maybe those stones are much too small to be used in this type of setting.

Honored Contributor
Oft times stones are set with non-functioning prongs that are just for appearance. They are actually glued into place and that's supposed to hold them securely. I don't know if this is the way your ring was made but it could be.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

image.jpegI have two pieces that have missing stones. One was a sleeping beauty TSV ring.  I also have a pair of drop earrings with sleeping beauty and lapis. I tried your recommendation and contacted Carolyn Pollack customer service on her website and have heard nothing. I, too, am sorely disappointed. I keep my jewelry safe in a Lori Greiner tall jewelry box  I am always so careful.image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@catherine-grace  Woman Surprised That stinks!