Contributor

Might be a dumb question but here goes.....July 4th's TSV was my first cuff and I LOVE IT!! I have seen Carolyn illustrate how you can 'open up' a cuff or squeeze the cuff to make it fit better. I need to do this especially when putting my cuff on or off. Does this weaken the cuff in the long haul or is this typical for a cuff wearer.??

Valued Contributor

Yes...to both. That is how a cuff works without a hinge to open and close. I tend to like the hinged cuffs better for the reasons you stated above.

Super Contributor

Hi Curious! You really should only adjust the cuff ONCE, as it will weaken if you open and squeeze it every time you use it. The best way to put on a cuff is to take one of the ends (the tip) and push it in the softest part of your wrist - gently of course, and slide the rest of the cuff over and onto your wrist. Once you've decided it's comfortably adjusted, you should be able to get it on and off your wrist with no problem. If you go to your favorite jeweler - they can explain this to you a little easier in person. It has worked for me for many years, and I have lots of cuffs. I hope this helps!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Contributor

Thank you both for your replies. I should know these things at my age but never ventured into the world of cuffs before. Thanks again. Have a blessed day.