Respected Contributor

J294992 American West Red Coral Cluster Design Sterling Ring

Wore my ring for the second time and a stone is gone. Looking at the other reviews, this seems to be a big issue for this piece. I have the turquoise ring just like it and I'm hoping I don't have the same problem with that one. Apparently the stones are glued and not prong set.

Super Contributor

Re: J294992 American West Red Coral Cluster Design Sterling Ring

send it to CP - they will replace it - too bad that happened - I've been lucky - in 20 years of collecting - have never lost a stone!

Super Contributor

Sparklestar, CPJ's customer service will take care of you. CL, same here - I have never lost a stone either. I did, however, had to have enhancer bail clips tightened and only ever paid postage for that.

Super Contributor

So sorry that happened to you Sparklestar! It is in fact prong set though, so one of the prongs must have been loose. If you still had the stone, I'd say maybe a local jeweler could re-set it and strengthen the prong, but I agree .. CP's CS is the best. They are a little back logged at the moment though, so you may have to wait - unless they simply replace the entire ring, which they just may!

American West Red Coral Cluster Design Sterling Ring

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem like this but I'm afraid it's a defect in the design so I'm not sure I want another. If you read the reviews, it's happened to several others.

Trusted Contributor

I think when they mass produce things, often the prongs aren't checked for security.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Haca said:

Sparklestar, CPJ's customer service will take care of you. CL, same here - I have never lost a stone either. I did, however, had to have enhancer bail clips tightened and only ever paid postage for that.

The early enhancer bails were terrible. After receiving a few thousand back for repair, they finally got it right. When I first get a piece with an enhancer bail, I immediately try it and listen for a resounding, "snap".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 sparklestar said:

I've never had a problem like this but I'm afraid it's a defect in the design so I'm not sure I want another. If you read the reviews, it's happened to several others.

Yes, I saw that - and they definitely need to do a better job checking these items before they leave CPJ. It never used to be like that though, and I can't tell you how many CP and AW rings I have that I've never had a problem with. I do know that they always make good on something that's defective, broken or maybe has a bad stone. All the best in whatever you decide! Smile

Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 kachina624 said:
On 7/30/2014 Haca said:

The early enhancer bails were terrible. After receiving a few thousand back for repair, they finally got it right. When I first get a piece with an enhancer bail, I immediately try it and listen for a resounding, "snap".

Oh yeah, I remember those bails - so glad they changed them. I love to hear that nice, tight "snap" too, Kachina.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Went back and checked on the reviews for the sleeping beauty turquoise ring (exact same style) and it appears there were some with the same problem -- missing stones when received and stones falling out. Very disappointed in this line.