Respected Contributor

J289812 "As Is" Smithsonian Mother of Pearl Inlay Enhancer (J261724)

This week I received this beautiful enhancer:

As Is Smithsonian Mother-of-Pearl Inlay Sterling Enhancer

It is LARGE but oh so beautiful. The bail is a little funky. It does not move (unless you want to bend it) and I do not believe it will go over pearls without a great deal of effort, but I never intended to wear the enhancer over pearls, anyway. I put it on J284730, the JAI John Hardy wheat chain, and it looks like the two were made for each other. I had been looking for a white mother of pearl piece slightly more translucent than the Desert Blossom enhancer to wear for the summer, and one that matches the white MOP and doublet combination of the signature cuff. This is it. And the price was pretty good, too. Even after shipping and handling and tax were loaded on it was still less than $85. I'm so grateful for the sharp eyes of fellow Carolyn Pollack fans who post on these boards!

Super Contributor

Re: J289812 ""As Is"" Smithsonian Mother of Pearl Inlay Enhancer (J261724)

Oh it's SO pretty Fav! I bet it looks gorgeous on that wheat chain. How about on a cord for a little mo casual look? I think it would look nice on so many things! Congrats!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

Just took a look at the back - isn't it an enhancer? Looks like the bail is hinged . . is it not working or is it just a ""hook""?

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

Congrats, Favorite Son, to a beautiful piece. I love the idea of a wheat chain with it and also Jug's on a leather cord. I have older Smithsonian pieces and others from Carolyn with a similar hook. I manage to get it over the multiple leather cord necklace CP has. You just have to wiggle it a little bit.

I am so glad the pendant found a good home. (I have been looking at it, but the refrain keeps playing in my head: AW is coming, AW is coming...LOL.

Respected Contributor

Jugtown, it is just a hook. And it is not as large as it appears in the photo. I can just get it over the endcap of the JAI John Hardy chain, though one of the concerns about that chain was the size of the endcaps.

Honored Contributor

That is gorgeous - congratulations! I too think it would look great on a black leather cord, but then again, I wear EVERYTHING on a black leather cord! {#emotions_dlg.lol} Well - not quite EVERYTHING, but my cord does get a lot of use. Wink