Occasional Contributor

Carolyn Pollack Signature Sterling Gemstone Doublet Cuff

I received this cuff yesterday and love it. I wore it to work today and from hitting my desk, the silver on the underside/backside is already scratched and marred. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to prevent this. I love the braclet, but for $200+ I don't want to keep it if it is going to be scratched and scarred on the plain silver back section everytime it is worn. Thanks,

Super Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack Signature Sterling Gemstone Doublet Cuff

Hi Boneywilma, I have worn this cuff for a number of month now, no scratching or scuffing - HOWEVER - I do take care to take it off for when I do extended work on the computer or working close to a hard surface. It is an "oval" and therefore sits tighter on the wrist than a bangle would. I own a lot of plain sterling silver bangles that get a multitude of abuse and those I polish frequently and they still look beautiful. (We are talking 30+ years of abuse, lol.) Polish the underside with a jewelers cloth and see if that doesn't take care of some mild scuffing.

Regular Contributor

This is a great cuff and holds up really well. I have all 3 colors (well, I gave 1 to mom). To be honest, the only way to prevent scratching or scuffing polished silver is to not repeatedly hit it on a hard surface. I just push it up a little further on my wrist when typing or take it off. Zero scratches and received them in Feb. or March.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of these. (my only CP) Neither has any scratches.

Super Contributor

I never worry about a little scuffing - won't mar the beauty of the piece - just polish it up once in awhile like Haca says - just means it's well loved IMHO-Enjoy - it is a treasure -anyone would love to own it -

Honored Contributor

I expect it to be marred or scratched from continued wearing. So far it hasn't happened yet. Just as the underside of my wide band rings gets scratched also. Although I would love it if it is always shiny and new, I don't think so. Just enjoy it. I wished it was scrolled underneath, you wouldn't notice the scratches.

Honored Contributor

On 6/27/2014 lulu2 said:

I have 2 of these. (my only CP) Neither has any scratches.

It is also for first (only have 1) and only piece from CP - actually from QVC. Never bought jewelry before.