Honored Contributor

Received Kenneth Johnson Gorget Pieces

My necklace and earrings arrived in my mailbox today. Nice way to end a squirrely workweek.

Necklace first -

Kenneth Johnson Sterling Statement Necklace 24.0g

Even after I ordered this, I was hesitant about the oxidation in the mini-rope texture of the necklace links. Compared to the plaque, I thought it made the chain look dirty. I worried for no reason - it all goes together. You feel like you have a necklace on, but it's not weighty.

Earrings next

Kenneth Johnson Sterling Shield Design Dangle Earrings

These make me want to do cartwheels. I did have to adjust where the bottom links to the bridge that leads to the star at the top.

Here's a side profile

Kenneth Johnson Sterling Shield Design Dangle Earrings

The loopdiedoo that connected the bottom piece to the top was barely closed and weirdly crooked. Lucky for me I have a pair of jewelry pliers. I wanted an unusual pair of straight up silver earrings that I could wear with anything southwestern inspired - be it beads, leather or silver.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Re: Received Kenneth Johnson Gorget Pieces

Beautiful, bird mama. Wear them in good health!

Super Contributor

Congratulations, bird mama. The last of your "loot" finally arrived. Love the designs. Have fun with them.

I personally don't check out earrings as I cannot wear silver in my ears. The metal has to be gold. I only have a few in white and yellow gold which I rotate.

Respected Contributor

Hey, Bird! I love Kenneth Johnson stuff. His silver is nice and "clean" looking, not yellowish or with a strange tint to it. I have his turquoise cuff, and am lusting after the matching turquoise ring. I guess I should get busy and buy that ring soon, though, since the mine is closed. Wink

Honored Contributor

LOL Favorite Son. The other night Rick was presenting 2 hours of sleeping beauty and I actually was getting annoyed. Don't get me wrong, I like my Black Hills Gold silver SB station bracelet. I said to the TV (I know - losing my mind), Jesus - don't they have any Kingman turquoise or something with interesting matrix?

Super Contributor

Oh, I almost bought that yesterday, it is gorgeous. he is brilliant. His pieces sell for hundreds, even thousands of dollars. He's right up there with Fritz Casuse and Roderick Tenorio. if you haven't watched the video where he talks about the meaning of the necklace, which was designed for a chief of his tribe, I believe, take a look at it. I am so tempted to get it, but he has so many beautiful pieces right now I can't decide. I still kick myself for sending back a pendant which is no longer available on the Q. It is way more expensive on Caroline P's site,
Super Contributor

I was curious about those pieces. I love his work. Enjoy your new goodies.

Super Contributor

Congrats on those gorgeous KJ pieces!! That necklace is calling to me . .

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

Sure do love that necklace - Congratulations - it is a wonderful collector piece - will go with anything - I love the all silver pieces -- will be getting that one of these days I hope!!

Honored Contributor

I am a bit surprised to see this piece on clearance. I paid $144 - getting it for just under $100 is a nice savings.