Regular Contributor

Question on the spirit beads

I do not have any of the spirit beads.For those that have them, can you put several on a cord as each designer adds a bead or would this not work or not look good? Could you layer them in different lengths?
Super Contributor

Re: Question on the spirit beads

Good morning Never!

What a fabulous idea!

I only have one spirit bead (Veronicas) I wear on a silver collar and layer with other necklaces. I'm looking forward to Kenneth's bead this time around. If Jody's spirit bead goes on easy pay (HINT, HINT POWERS THAT BE!) I could try your idea! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I don't have any of the SB - but I want them all - like Kath I like to wear them on a collar - silver or leather - really simple - I have a inlaid bead - an old one of CP's I wear that way a lot - just love it and also have the matching bracelet - just a single bead with silver native pearls - as soon as the Beads go down in price I will purchase any that I can!

Contributor

neverenough, I just went ahead and ordered the jody naranjo spirit bead...had always liked this but think it's a bit pricey...thought I would go ahead and give it a try after being reminded of it reading this post...if I find I'm not gonna wear it much I can always return it. There is something simple about it that I find appealing and it seems like an everyday kinda piece that I could layer w/ some of my (many!) bead strands. I like cooking lady's way of wearing her older bead...just sounds nice and simple.

Frequent Contributor

I love the spirit beads, but I wish they would not include the cords. I have read the reviews, and it seems people were throwing them away. I would rather pay a little less and not a cord that is not useable.

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 RedUmbrella said:

I love the spirit beads, but I wish they would not include the cords. I have read the reviews, and it seems people were throwing them away. I would rather pay a little less and not a cord that is not useable.

In general, it's nice when pendants come with cords or chains, so that if you give it as a gift, the recipient can wear it right out of the box. Besides, I don't think people are as picky as some reviewers.

Does anyone know where I can see the new spirit bead? I can't find it on FB. I did find the hummingbird ring.

Regular Contributor

ennui, You really cant see it well but go to the AW facebook page and look at the Kenneth Johnson video. He talks briefly about the bead

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 RedUmbrella said:

I did not throw my cord away, it isn't THAT bad!

But I agree, if they could skip the cord altogether and lower the cost for us. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 neverenoughCPJ said:

ennui, You really cant see it well but go to the AW facebook page and look at the Kenneth Johnson video. He talks briefly about the bead

Found it! You're right, the bead is difficult to see.

The shield earrings are up. J291423.

Super Contributor

I told CPJ that on FB after the last show and asked her to start offering them without the cords since so many of us already had nice cords and to reduce the price --supposedly she was supposed to be informed that was what we wanted so we shall see - no reason to have a cheap cord - although I wouldn't go so far as to throw sit away - I think I remember which poster said that and I certainly did not agree with that - if you don't already have one - it's fine, it's just that so many of us had better ones so why not offer it both ways?