Frequent Contributor

HOW DOES THE BRASS HOLD UP ON CAROLINES JEWELRY?

I love so many of Caroline's pieces and have always stayed away from the ones with brass because I was afraid it might tarnish or turn an ugly color. Does anyone have some helpful information about pieces purchased and how the brass portion held up. I would really appreciate some feedback. I have my eye on a cuff but will wait to hear what your experience has been? Thanks in advance
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW DOES THE BRASS HOLD UP ON CAROLINES JEWELRY?

Sorry I always seem to spell Carolyn's name wrong.
Super Contributor

I have many, many pieces - have been collecting for years - NONE HAVE CHANGED COLOR IN ANY WAY - JUST TAKE PROPER CARE OF THEM AND YOU WILL BE FINE - I have, however, heard of people saying they can't wear the metal because of their skin chemistry - but I and lots of the other ladies on this board - have many of her mixed metals and no problems that I am aware of!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cooking Lady! That is what I was hoping to hear. I know that brass could cause an issue for some and was concerned about that. The cuff I want does not have any brass toward the skin so I am very happy about that as well.
Respected Contributor

My opinion of CP brass....I ordered a mixed metal bracelet 2-3 yrs ago, when she 1st started doing this. I thought it looked cheap, I returned immediately. Like I said that is only my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I have several Canyon Road pieces and they all look like brand new. I've had many of them since Fall 2010.
Super Contributor

IMHO -there is nothing cheap looking about CP's brass pieces! They are perfection! - In particular - Canyon Road - really elegant and gorgeous as Violann would attest to also!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 cooking lady said:

IMHO -there is nothing cheap looking about CP's brass pieces! They are perfection! - In particular - Canyon Road - really elegant and gorgeous as Violann would attest to also!!

I most certainly agree! ""....looked cheap....."" is so subjective as to be all but meaningless. The CP mixed metals pieces are absolutely wearable art! My Canyon Road gives me joy whenever I wear it.
Frequent Contributor

I have several of Carolyn's enhancers, necklaces that have brass and have had absolutely no problem at all. I store all silver, brass in silver keeper boxes btw. The color brass she uses is a nice warm gold-like color I might add. Smile

Contributor

I have several mixed metal pieces from Carolyn. The only one I have had a problem with is J260753, the Opulence ring. It is almost impossible to get at the brass to clean it. If anyone has a suggestion, please share.