Esteemed Contributor

Rec'd my first order, from Cape Candles because they had a better price.

24 oz Pantry Jars --

Wedding Cake: Lighter smell, but very pleasant to me. I detect almond.

Kentucky Honey Bourbon: I can't describe it but I really like this scent!

Tennessee Whiskey & Sweet Tobacco: Haven't burned yet but I will update when I do. Smells GREAT in the jar.

Drizzle Melts in Leather: Haven't melted yet but looking forward to it. Smell is spot-on and just what I expected.

Roasted Espresso: I knew from sniffing this before at Tractor Supply that I would love it. I bought one of the large 3-wick pottery pieces. It smelled up my whole house when I opened the box. Saving it for later, I sealed it in a ziploc bag and put in inside a cabinet. It's been a few days, and I still catch a whiff when I walk past. It's so strong and I have no doubt that I'll be pleased with this one.

I know that several here recommend Swan Creek. Scent-wise, I can see why. So far, I am thrilled with the scents I've rec'd. Unfortunately, I've been noticing a little smoking at times on the two I've burned, Wedding Cake and Kentucky Honey Bourbon. I've trimmed the wicks as directed, but it doesn't seem to help. They both started smoking around the third burn, if I remember correctly. They have rather thick wicks I noticed. I will just scoop and melt the soft wax and still enjoy them, but wondering if anyone else has had this problem? mominohio, I believe you did?

I can imagine buying these scents in the 24 oz refill tubs, just for scooping and melting. Has anyone done this? It would be more economical.

Please share your opinions, favorite scents & products, assuming Q allows this to remain.

Super Contributor

They sell swan creek at one of the grocery store here. I always stop and smell them. so many to choose from! I've only purchased one pack of drizzle melts so far - salted caramel popcorn. It smells really nice, but I wonder if my warmer gets hot enough. I wonder why they stopped selling the wax warmers that you use a tealight in? I like the convenience of the plug in one, but it doesn't get hot enough.

Respected Contributor

I live near a Swan Creek store, and shopping there is a real treat. I buy the 24 ounce tubs to melt and pour into smaller jars for candles. I have not experienced it, so cannot offer a solution for your smoking problem. Their website offers both a phone number and Email to ask questions.

I've yet to find a scent I don't care for, but certainly have favorites. Based on the empty shelves I've frequently seen, the Roasted Espresso you mentioned is most everyone's favorite. I warn you, though, the fragrance will create a craving for a hot cup o' coffee. Another great, but seasonal, seller is Spruce. Two other personal favorite scents are Thai Pear and Cilantro Clementine. I like to burn them simultaneously, spaced at opposite ends of the house. The aroma fills the whole space.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/23/2015 RiverSong said:

They sell swan creek at one of the grocery store here. I always stop and smell them. so many to choose from! I've only purchased one pack of drizzle melts so far - salted caramel popcorn. It smells really nice, but I wonder if my warmer gets hot enough. I wonder why they stopped selling the wax warmers that you use a tealight in? I like the convenience of the plug in one, but it doesn't get hot enough.

Some other posters have mentioned that they like to use the mini Rival potpourri crock pots for melting wax because the scent throw is much stronger. I have one just like the one in the photo below, but to my very sensitive nose, it smells like the wax gets too hot. It could be something odd about my pot in particular, but who knows.

I use the Better Homes plug-in melters from Walmart. I have the large style in my dining room, one in my bedroom, and one of the medium ones in my kitchen. I just use one at a time. I haven't tried a tealight warmer.

Maybe someone else can give you some more helpful suggestions.

Image result for potpourri crock blue

Honored Contributor

SHOPR, I love these candles, and have been buying them for years. The Dutch Apple Pie is my favorite, but the gingerbread is also wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/23/2015 IamMrsG said:

I live near a Swan Creek store, and shopping there is a real treat. I buy the 24 ounce tubs to melt and pour into smaller jars for candles. I have not experienced it, so cannot offer a solution for your smoking problem. Their website offers both a phone number and Email to ask questions.

I've yet to find a scent I don't care for, but certainly have favorites. Based on the empty shelves I've frequently seen, the Roasted Espresso you mentioned is most everyone's favorite. I warn you, though, the fragrance will create a craving for a hot cup o' coffee. Another great, but seasonal, seller is Spruce. Two other personal favorite scents are Thai Pear and Cilantro Clementine. I like to burn them simultaneously, spaced at opposite ends of the house. The aroma fills the whole space.

Oh Lucky You, Mrs G! Your combination of Thai Pear and Cilantro Clemintine sounds very interesting. I wish I could tolerate scents like Spruce, but I usually can't. ITA on the coffee craving.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/23/2015 mousiegirl said:

SHOPR, I love these candles, and have been buying them for years. The Dutch Apple Pie is my favorite, but the gingerbread is also wonderful.

Those sound delicious. The addition of cinnamon scent and some other spices is usually too much for me, but sometimes I can handle them in small doses.

No soot or smoking?

Esteemed Contributor

FYI--I've not found scent descriptions anywhere on Swan Creek's website. Maybe I've just missed them. I did find scent descriptions on Cape Candle, though. HTH.

Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2015 SHOPR said:

FYI--I've not found scent descriptions anywhere on Swan Creek's website. Maybe I've just missed them. I did find scent descriptions on Cape Candle, though. HTH.

Only names, but supposedly the description of the scent is in the name. I find the scents to be correct, and the throw is fantastic. I hope you love your candles.

Esteemed Contributor

I've now burned the TN Whiskey & Sweet Tobacco candle several times. I really like the scent of this one, too. BornToShop, All of your recs are winners. Thank you.

FYI--The wicks are smoking a little on this one, too. I only burn candles placed on my stove, directly under my range hood, when it's off, but may end up scooping and melting all of the Swan Creeks if this continues.