Super Contributor

called crossroads and explained the problem about my candle having no throw but I loved the scent...they were so nice- they are sending me a new candle with the same artwork I ordered..they said it sometimes happens at the end of a batch..looking forward to receiving my replacement and looking forward to getting the melon candle and leaf candle holder I ordered..thanks again for all your help!

Valued Contributor

That is great. I have never had any reason to deal with their customer service but it is nice to know that they have a good one. Hopefully the new one will work better for you.

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2015 Rustys mom said:

That is great. I have never had any reason to deal with their customer service but it is nice to know that they have a good one. Hopefully the new one will work better for you.

i'm excited about getting the replacement- the girl couldn't have been nicer.. Will let you know how I like the melon candle when I receive it!

Esteemed Contributor

The no throw but love the scent is like my experience with the one I got at Tuesday Morning, the Goose Creek Orange Vanilla. I've even tried cutting pieces out and melting them, and I still get nothing, but it smells good cold in the jar. Weird. I hope your replacement is better, tobias.

Occasional Contributor
On 3/13/2015 SHOPR said:

The no throw but love the scent is like my experience with the one I got at Tuesday Morning, the Goose Creek Orange Vanilla. I've even tried cutting pieces out and melting them, and I still get nothing, but it smells good cold in the jar. Weird. I hope your replacement is better, tobias.

wow that's weird because my orange vanilla by goose creek has a great throw! maybe what the girl at crossroads said is possible-sometimes that happens at the end of a batch of wax..

Honored Contributor

I just picked up a Swan Creek candle this past weekend, and it smells great in the jar, but absolutely no throw. It was my first time buying one of theirs, and I got a couple of other scents, that I hope do better. It is also tunneling somewhat, with lots of wax left on the glass, so I'm not too impressed at this point.

Guess it isn't all that strange, since others are experiencing it , and among several companies.

Super Contributor
On 3/13/2015 mominohio said:

I just picked up a Swan Creek candle this past weekend, and it smells great in the jar, but absolutely no throw. It was my first time buying one of theirs, and I got a couple of other scents, that I hope do better. It is also tunneling somewhat, with lots of wax left on the glass, so I'm not too impressed at this point.

Guess it isn't all that strange, since others are experiencing it , and among several companies.

have you tried Goose Creek candles? so far everyone of their candles has had a fantastic throw for me. I bought most of them from their website but got a couple from amazon and they were great too. Shopr I guess it is possible to sometimes get one from a bad batch..i did hear the stores like TJ Maxx, and Tuesday Morning get seconds on these candles so that could be the issue with yours.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/13/2015 kllw said:
On 3/13/2015 SHOPR said:

wow that's weird because my orange vanilla by goose creek has a great throw! maybe what the girl at crossroads said is possible-sometimes that happens at the end of a batch of wax..

I know, weird because it is such a nice scent in the jar. I'm thinking there must be something not quite right (end of batch or some other issue) for them to end up at the overstock-type stores, like tobias mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

mominohio, If you don't mind telling, where did you purchase your Swan Creek candle? BorntoShop and several others here give them excellent reviews. In fact, I broke down and placed an order for some Swan Creeks from Cape Candle, which I'm waiting to receive. It will be my first time trying them.