Regular Contributor

Bath Body Works 3 wick candles went up in price!

Was on Web page today looking for new spring scented candles, noticed 3 wick candles are now 2 for 24 not 2 for 22 anymore. Looking for other brands now because lately don't think there is a high scent smell anymore. What candles do you think have more scent then BBW candles?
Regular Contributor

Re: Bath Body Works 3 wick candles went up in price!

I use Yankee and BBW. They did go up...but there are enough coupons around to get that price down when I need more candles.

Regular Contributor

True received coupon for 20 per cent off last weekend. I remember when they had 10 dollars off of 30 dollars on the bottom of receipts last year. Stopped that also Victoria secret 10 dollars off of 50 on receipts stopped also. Both stores owned by same company.
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear they went up but they have sales and coupons a lot.

Regular Contributor

I noticed this too. I have noticed that their candles have steadily been going up. For now on I'm going to try to catch the candle sales (8 dollars per candle or so...They may increase it to 9 or 10 dollars per candle now). I have to keep on top of my emails but this is all getting ridiculous as I'm constantly burning candles.

Respected Contributor

Kohl's has their own brand of 3 wick candles that I believe are made by the same company as BBW. When they go half price and per cent off you can get good deals. I liked the fragrance too, burned just like BBw.
Regular Contributor

Swan Creek Candles!!! They are just about all I buy anymore. 1803 has some good ones, too. I find them in some local stores, but both companies have websites and facebook pages. They are soy candles and the fragrances are spot on! I burn a lot of tarts and can use the same tart for weeks before it runs out of scent. I highly recommend both companies!!
Super Contributor

I use B&BW, White Barn, and Yankee. Only purchase at these stores when they run sales and/or have coupons, which is practically all the time. B&BW and Yankee, (and probably White Barn, since it's owned by B&BW) just finished having their semi-annual sales that started right after Christmas. This is when you can find the best prices on items. The next one will be around July 4. BB&B also carry Yankee and sell certain scents every month at 25% off. I never pay full price for any of these candles/accessories.

Valued Contributor

Actually ALL their product prices have gone up and the candles aren't filled as full as they used to be. The soap containers are smaller than older ones and neither are the body lotions - I have older ones (always hit the sales)- so I noticed when I bought new ones they aren't the same size or amount or price. Still, I'm stuck on them but I have a stock buildup and shouldn't even look at anymore. And the luminaries are ridiculously high priced! One thing that really annoys me is they've changed the shape of their soaps and I had bough the decorative metal covers and they don't fit anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, they're crazy!

I have pretty much stopped using BBW candles. The scents are way too strong lately (and not in a good way!). I'm back to YC and have recently started burning Kringle Candles and melts. The scents are so much more pleasing to me.

I have tried Swan Creek Drizzle Melts too. They are wonderful!