Frequent Contributor

My favorite Christmas candle scent, and quite possibly my favorite EVER, is Sparkling Cinnamon. It makes my whole house smell so warm and welcoming!

I always buy the large jar, and the 3 wick large candle. My supply is running low, so I went on the Yankee Candle site to take advantage of their sale prices.

Once there, I noticed a some reviews that said Yankee Candles don't have the "throw" like they used to. This got me thinking back (maybe the mid 90's) to when there were fewer sizes and shapes, and the large jarred one was called the Housewarmer. At that time, it had a saying on the label: our strongest scented candle. Does anyone remember that?

Interesting that the saying was removed, and that many people don't think the scent is as strong as in the past.

Always interested in your thoughts...

Regular Contributor
When I go to Christmas tree hill, they have Yankee candles there that say housewarming candle. Large Jars for about 8 dollars! I pick them up when I see them. I live in jersey an there is only about 4 scents available but they are there. Love scent ables by Yankee electric plug in unit and sleeve goes in that runs about 5 dollars very strong scent in fact I am burning meadow flowers now.
Occasional Contributor
This year I LOVE Candy Cane Lane, and I never really liked minty scents before. I go with the 2 wick tumbler candles mostly now, better throw in my opinion.
Honored Contributor

I didn't get a Christmas scent this year, I was stuck on Apple Cider and couldn't stop burning it.

I think they are strong enough. Some are stronger than others. I buy all different sizes as well as wax melts, votives and tea lights.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
I adore snowflake cookie!!! Really enjoy yankee candles.
Honored Contributor

I noticed the shade I bought for my newest Home Sweet Home holiday (my favorite) greatly hinders any scent at all. Without the shade, the throw of the scent is great.

Frequent Contributor

I always buy Yankee Candles at Home Goods or TJ Maxx. They also carry something called Yankee Candle "simple home"; they are smaller sized, with a lid and very potent. I do find other brands that are strongly scented at these stores, including the Village Candle brand and Illuminations, which burn really cleanly with no smoke. I think the max price is $12.99 for a very large jar candle by Yankee.

I stay away from wooden wick candles as I find they smoke black and can sputter a lot when lit.

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 spenditallbaby said:

I always buy Yankee Candles at Home Goods or TJ Maxx. They also carry something called Yankee Candle "simple home"; they are smaller sized, with a lid and very potent. I do find other brands that are strongly scented at these stores, including the Village Candle brand and Illuminations, which burn really cleanly with no smoke. I think the max price is $12.99 for a very large jar candle by Yankee.

I stay away from wooden wick candles as I find they smoke black and can sputter a lot when lit.

the Yankee Candles sold at Marshall's, etc. are much lower-quality than those sold at Yankee Candle stores or from their website. Even the Yankee outlet stores carry scents that are different and less scented than the true Yankee ones....you can also get true Yankee candles at Macys, Cracker Barrel, and many Hallmark stores.

Honored Contributor
Yankee scents dont typically have harsh notes to them. Some lower grade candles do. Thats why i stick to Yankee. A Cheerful Giver candles are also quite nice. Lots of fun scents.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I was a devoted Yankee Candle fan for a few years until I started burning Slatkin candles (at the time) from BBW. I thought nothing could compare to those, so I stopped using Yankee altogether.

However, the BBW candles seemed to have changed in quality to me, so I've pretty much stopped using those now. I find them to be too strong and almost artificial-like in scent. They are starting to give me a headache...

So, I'm back to Yankee Candle now. I bought a few of them during their current Semi-Annual Sale. I have to say, I'm sorry I stopped using them. The ones I purchased are delightfully strong. No, I haven't burned them all yet, but I can already tell I'll love them.

I have read those negative reviews about the throw not being what it used to be. I have to believe that those are just "duds". People are complaining about scents like Christmas Wreath, Autumn Wreath, and other scents that I have personally had and KNOW are very strong. I'm hoping I don't run into the same problem with my new ones though...

I think the label about it being their strongest scented candle is no longer valid. That's because they have come out with the 2-wicks that are naturally much stronger than a single wick.

After someone's recommendation on here recently, I purchased a few Kringle Candles. These candles are from the son of the Yankee Candle founder (he no longer owns the company though). I tried a few of their melts, but didn't like the scents. However, I tried a few more this weekend and fell in love. I decided to hit up their sale as well and purchased some fruity scents for spring/summer. Can't wait!