New Contributor

Luminara candles...yellow light instead of white

Anyone else experiencing a yellow flame light instead of white?
Respected Contributor

Re: Luminara candles...yellow light instead of white

Yes it is yellow rather than white.... I guess since I don't have any white walls or anything white in my great room, that flame color works for me.
Honored Contributor

I have both. The ones I bought at the q are white and the ones I bought at kohls are yellow. They are in the same room. I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but now I don't really notice it. I have no idea why the difference.
Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 graycatsrule said: I have both. The ones I bought at the q are white and the ones I bought at kohls are yellow. They are in the same room. I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but now I don't really notice it. I have no idea why the difference.
Interesting .....mine from the Q are all yellow !
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Azcowgirl said:
On 12/27/2014 graycatsrule said: I have both. The ones I bought at the q are white and the ones I bought at kohls are yellow. They are in the same room. I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but now I don't really notice it. I have no idea why the difference.
Interesting .....mine from the Q are all yellow !
They've turned off for the night. I'll try to take a closer look tomorrow night. I hadn't put them side by side and took a really good look at them. They are all in the same room and about the same distance from the wall. The walls are the same color. The candles from the q are sage green and the ones from kohls are burgundy.
Honored Contributor

Mine all appear to be yellow in the flame. I have at least four different styles of Luminara (the mercury glass ones, the scrolled ones, some 'grungy' ones I got from a gift shop, the chamberstick tapers) and hadn't noticed any flame color differences, but went around and checked them.

Honored Contributor

Ok, I've studied my candles. I put the two candles side by side on the table and the flame is very similar, if not identical. It's a yellow color. When I put them back in the pillar holder, they look different. The burgundy candle has a darker flame. I think it has to do with the color of the candle.

Esteemed Contributor

Which is why I love them so very much.They are warm and inviting ,not cold and harsh{#emotions_dlg.wub}