Trusted Contributor
Just saw that they are available again. I'm looking forward to purchasing more of the crackle mosaic ones. I already have 2, and I love them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Solare Candles are back!

Hi, Peter. I'm just now catching up on some older threads I missed. It is a bit interesting, don't you think, that both Luminara and Solare have had their time out, and now they are both back?

Anyone want to guess who will have the upcoming flameless TSV? I don't have a clue.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2015 SHOPR said:

Hi, Peter. I'm just now catching up on some older threads I missed. It is a bit interesting, don't you think, that both Luminara and Solare have had their time out, and now they are both back?

Anyone want to guess who will have the upcoming flameless TSV? I don't have a clue.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yes, it was very strange how they both did the disappearing act, but I'm glad that they're both back. I would guess that the TSV will be a Luminara product, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a CI set.
Esteemed Contributor

Are these like Luminara? If so, they seem to be priced a bit lower. Do you like them better?

I'm in the market for a few more, so may want to try these. I do like the top profile of these over the Luminara. That is my only complaint. The way they shape the top of some of the Luminara allows the flame visible from ONLY one side.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

WW, Luminara did come out with one that has the scalloped top which allows the flame to be seen from 360 degrees. Some of the colors are sold out now it seems. I would definitely recommend it in Ivory, but just so you know, it is highly scented.

http://www.qvc.com/S2-Luminara-5-and-7-360-Flameless-Pillar-Candles-wTimer.product.H203265.html?sc=H...

I like them both, but would suggest you watch the video for Solare H203038 if you haven't already, to get a closer look at the flame. The bulb is a bit too large IMO, but other than that, I do like them in the Ivory, and use them in sconces.

http://www.qvc.com/Solare-5-Flameless-Candle-with-3D-Flame-Technology.product.H203038.html?sc=H20303...

Esteemed Contributor

Appreciate the info SHOPR.

I bought my Luminara from Kohl's and they were 30% off and on sale, so they weren't quite as pricey as on the Q.

I'm using them in a transom area above my French doors and I think that maybe having a larger bulb or flame might make them a bit more visible. As it is, I have some of the candles turned each way so their are flames visible inside and outside of my house. But I find myself wishing they were visible 360 degrees! I would likely move those candles into candle holders and use the Solare up high.

Highly scented wouldn't be a problem since they are up high and I find the scents dissipate after a bit.

I think they might be perfect for what I want.

I started to watch the video, but cut it short. I'll go back and watch the whole thing.

Thanks, again.

Super Contributor

That's good to know. I have one with the fluted top that I love. I don't plan on purchasing anymore, but that crackle candle is very pretty. I think the quality is great, they look very realistic, and the pricing is much more reasonable than Luminara. I won't pay the prices for Luminara.

Esteemed Contributor

WW, It's a tough choice, because the Luminara actually do project much more light onto the ceiling than the Solare, but the Solare do quite a good job of also lighting up the area.

The Luminara scent and the size of the Solare bulb, I agree, wouldn't make a difference at all in your case. It would all boil down to the size (height and width) of candle and amount of projected light you'd prefer.

I keep thinking that surely Luminara will come out with another set of 2 of the 360 degree candles, a set with 2 of the same height instead of the graduated heights they sell now.

The Luminaras that Q sells in sets of 2 are comparable in price to what the plain wax Solares would cost for 2.