Contributor

Luminara mercury glass candles - flame?

I have several Luminara styles and love them all. Thinking about ordering the new mercury glass style. Question: since the beauty of Luminara is actually seeing that realistic, dancing flame, is it now hidden by being inside the mercury glass? Would a cheaper flameless look just as good inside another mercury glass? Also, someone wrote in the product questions that these candles are not remote compatible even though they were stated in the presentation as being remote compatible. Anyone have these and know for sure? Thank you!
Contributor

Re: Luminara mercury glass candles - flame?

How odd. There were five responses earlier in the day to my question; now they have all disappeared. Thank you all who did respond. There was one especially detailed response that convinced me to order the candles. I appreciate all your help. Happy Holidays to you all.
Occasional Contributor

Have you received your candles yet and what do you think of them? I have these in gold and silver and I think they are really beautiful. Lots of light shines through the mercury glass. I don't think any other brand imitates a flickering flame like Luminara does. My only complaint is they do not work with the remote as stated in the presentation. I am trying to figure out if mine are defective or if that was an incorrect statement.

I wonder why the previous responses disappeared? I hope you are happy with your purchase!

Contributor

Yes, I received my candles. I bought the gold ones and think they are beautiful. However, mine don't work with the remote either. I wrote to Susan Matthews at QVC who works with the Luminara demonstrations. She insisted to me they are remote compatible. I wrote to Luminara and they also said the same thing. I'd like to know if ANYONE bought these candles and got them to work with the remote.