Trusted Contributor
Luminara votives are here. Item# H203152. They are 4 inches high, so I don't think they really can qualify as true votives, but it's nice that they take AA batteries and last 5 weeks with the 5 hour timer function. I have 3 sets (18 votives) of the original Luminara votives that I purchased directly from the company, and they are rechargeable. They are on 5 hour timers and only last 4 days at a time, but they are true to the size of real votives. I don't think these new ones would fit in a standard, glass votive holders like the ones in my wall sconces where mine go. They would be good, however, to fit in smaller spaces where you could not typically fit a larger Luminara.
Valued Contributor

How many times can the Luminara rechargeable votives be recharged before they will no longer accept a charge? TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

I broke down and bought this set. I want to use them in a transom area over my French doors and I thought the smaller size would be good.

I'm unhappy with the battery life, however. One month? But my current flameless use two C batteries and it just gets so expensive. I'm hoping it's a little less price using the smaller batteries.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/18/2014 mallemo said:

How many times can the Luminara rechargeable votives be recharged before they will no longer accept a charge? TIA!

They're supposed to last 500 charges. I charge mine once a week or less, so they should last almost 10 years.
Occasional Contributor

I was excited to see the votives from Luminara (not the rechargeable, but the 4 inch ones that take 2 AA batteries). Received an invitation from QVC to use an extra 5 easy pays on anything I like before the end of 2014, and another to use in 2015. So, I went for the votives and am loving them so far. I have not had any strange clicking sounds (as some have mentioned), or erratic flashing that's premature of the batteries running low after 175 hours. The flames move like my large Luminara candles and look real. The key, for me anyway, is to place them in a larger votive glass (especially mercury glass) holder, so the flame is all you see dancing. I find that placing them on the mantel, a sofa table near the window, or tucked in the bookcase or a table vignette, is the best way to showcase them, since they are glowing from a distance or above eye level. One thing I DID notice, is that the votives are completely gone from the website now. Not sure if they sold out, but I am seeing lots of other lovely Luminaras and am pleased they have returned. Sent my nieces a set of the thin ribbon sparkle Luminaras, and they displayed them right away - loved them. Hope to see the tapers that I have seen online that you can place in any type of candlestick you might already own. They had "primitive" tapers and pillars on another website; really liked them, too.

Valued Contributor
On 11/19/2014 PeterDM said:
On 11/18/2014 mallemo said:

They're supposed to last 500 charges. I charge mine once a week or less, so they should last almost 10 years.

Thank you!