Honored Contributor

I changed the batteries on a flameless candle and it still doesn't light. Is there any other part to replace? Do they eventually just not work even with new batteries? This is my first experience with this type of issue.

Super Contributor

Re: ? about flameless candles

The one and only set of Flameless Candles I bought did the same thing within the first time I had to replace the batteries. Either they stopped working altogether, or they lit at only half the strength as they used to.

I eventually just threw them out. It was one of the few Q products I thought were a complete waste of money. I wish I could have returned them, but it was well past the 30 day mark. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

I think it probably depends on the brand of candle. I've had my candles from Costco for a while now and haven't had any problems with them. I see a lot of cheaper versions out there, but I have a feeling they're not great quality. I don't know for sure though as I've never tried them. A lot of people here seem to be fans of the more expensive brands, I've never tried those either. I'm sure they're really nice, I just don't want to spend what they cost. I don't know if there's a way to fix them once they stop working.
Frequent Contributor

If it was new contact the Q. Their customer service is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love candle impressions!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought many of their candles over the years. Have bought a few of luminara, but there batteries are and don't last as long.

Esteemed Contributor

Make sure there is no corrosion inside the battery box from previous leaking batteries. I've had that happen, and once scraped off, they work again.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 SHOPR said:

Make sure there is no corrosion inside the battery box from previous leaking batteries. I've had that happen, and once scraped off, they work again.

This is good advice, and be sure that the "new" batteries you are using are still good. We have a battery tester, and I have found that once in awhile, there are batteries that come straight from the package and don't have a full charge.

Don't know what brand you are having the trouble with, but the most delicate ones I have experienced are the Luminara. I have only ever had one flameless candle fail and it was one of theirs. I have had a couple of other Luminaras "act up" but eventually start working again.

Honored Contributor

It's from QVC, but don't think it is Luminara. I will try the suggestions re: the batteries. Thanks for the help.

Esteemed Contributor

I second the suggestion to test all batteries before assuming they are fresh out of the package. I've also had an occasional dead battery straight out of the package.

Another thought is that I have an older CI candle that acts up sometimes. It's as if there is a short in the wiring or something. After carefully placing and sometimes replacing the two C batteries which lay flat in this candle, I have had to hit the candle with my hand to make it work. It's strange, but it is still working, for now at least.

Trusted Contributor

All of my Luminara, Candle Impressions, and Costco brand continue to work even after years of use. I replace batteries (now have rechargeables for all of them) and run them on their timers constantly. I think you should check yours for corrosion from bad batteries.

I love flameless candles. I love real candles too!! The way I look at them, something like a Yankee candle will burn out after 150 hours and it sells for $27.99 retail. In one year my flameless candles burn 1825 hours and I don't have to remember to light them, blow them out, or worry they will cause a fire. I think they are actually a bargain at $40/candle! Even if you buy Yankee candles at $10 per large jar and your flameless candle lasts only one year, the flameless is still cheaper per hour of use.

My "youngest" flameless candles are at least two years old so that means they have been lit up for at least 3600 hours Smiley Wink

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA