Frequent Contributor
I saw these in my grocery store,does anyone know if they smell good.?they had a lot of scents,being that I love bbw candles so much,didn't know if they would measure up!
Occasional Contributor

I bought a Village candle in my grocery store last fall. It was a pumpkin scent and had just an OK scent throw. It wasn't horrible,but I remember thinking that I should have just gone to BBW or Yankee for the price since it wasn't cheap.

Frequent Contributor
Thanks,that's what I thought.I love my bbw candles.
Respected Contributor
I love village candles, that's all I buy. I order from their web because the variety is much larger. I like that they have two wicks and they burn clean. Some scents throw off more aroma than others. I personally think Yankee is highly overrated.
Honored Contributor
On 11/2/2014 Wink said: I love village candles, that's all I buy. I order from their web because the variety is much larger. I like that they have two wicks and they burn clean. Some scents throw off more aroma than others. I personally think Yankee is highly overrated.

Wink, I have to sadly agree with your opinion on Yankee candles these days. Back in the day (a couple of decades ago) they were the premier candle, with true, rich, lasting fragrance, but most of their scents now are not long lasting, not clean and pure, and give me a headache. They went way too far with offering so many fragrances, that they seem to just push them out and are probably using cheaper ingredients, but not cheapening the price.

We gave up on Village candles years ago, as we got several overtime that burned unevenly, were missing wicks and other problems.

I think today's best candle is Kringle. More limited in choices, but everything I've used is so pure and has wonderful throw.

Respected Contributor

I like Village Candles too. I used to buy them all the time when they were in the square glass containers. I'm not sure they make them in the square ones any longer, but they were unique. I've always been happy with the scents I've chosen, but it seems that nearly every candle manufacturer has a scent or two that is just so-so. I would give them another try. If you watch your grocery flyer, they will go on sale from time to time.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James