Regular Contributor
I decided to try Kringle Candles. I started with the wax melts to see how the scents smelled before I invested in the jars. I love all the scents I've tried so far. I found the christmas scent I've been looking for in a candle for a long time it's simply named Christmas. I ordered a few jars and more candle melts of the scent so I'll have them for christmas. I wasn't sure if they sell out of the christmas scents or have a sale after christmas.
Honored Contributor

I love their candles as well. I ordered probably four of the larger ones a few months ago and love them, they burn real nicely and their scents are nice without being too overwhelming......Glad you are happy with your order. I haven't tried their melts-may have to do that next time I order!

Respected Contributor

They do have a sale after Christmas, so keep checking their website. I'm going there the day after Christmas to meet my cousins. We alternate every year between Kringle and Yankee Candle. We'll be having dinner at the Farm Table, then going across the street to do some candle shopping. Kringle also has a Facebook page, so Like it if you're a Facebook user, as they will probably announce their sale on Facebook first.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I'm burning Cortland Apple right now (at home). Just in case someone doesn't know, the head of the company Michael Kittredge III is the son of the founder of Yankee. He is in his 20's and was featured on Mystery Millionaire last summer. He goes by Mick, and yes, he found true love (she didn't know he was a millionaire at first). I like his candles a lot! Smile

Respected Contributor
Keep usosted for the sale. I want to try but can wait for that sale.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting about this!

I remember hearing about the company a year or two ago, but I never got around to trying them out. They aren't accessible here on Long Island.

I just went to their site and ordered a bunch of their melts. I ordered a combination of winter and spring/summer scents so that I could get a good idea of what they are about. The packaging is lovely and done very tastefully. I'm not ready to commit to the larger (and much more expensive!) candles, but I think the melts will give me a good idea of the quality.

I haven't been thrilled with BBW's candles lately --- I guess I'm just tiring of the millions of short-lived scents that seem to come out season after season. I also dislike that they are constantly repackaging old scents and making them seem like something new. That's very confusing!

I'm looking for a newer, high-quality brand that hasn't gotten too commercialized just yet. Maybe Kringle Candles will be it!

Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 Grade1Teach said:

I remember hearing about the company a year or two ago, but I never got around to trying them out. They aren't accessible here on Long Island.

I just went to their site and ordered a bunch of their melts. I ordered a combination of winter and spring/summer scents so that I could get a good idea of what they are about. The packaging is lovely and done very tastefully. I'm not ready to commit to the larger (and much more expensive!) candles, but I think the melts will give me a good idea of the quality.

I haven't been thrilled with BBW's candles lately --- I guess I'm just tiring of the millions of short-lived scents that seem to come out season after season. I also dislike that they are constantly repackaging old scents and making them seem like something new. That's very confusing!

I'm looking for a newer, high-quality brand that hasn't gotten too commercialized just yet. Maybe Kringle Candles will be it!

ITA! I'm still tempted, but I can't keep up with them! It seems they're going for quantity instead of quality.

I got these at our local garden store. I first saw them last spring. When I went in after school started there were few left and they were all on clearance - including some fall scents I hadn't seen. The young SA (it's a family run store and I know most of them) told me they weren't going to carry them any longer. I was disappointed and tried to find the owner to ask, but we were in a hurry. I DID stock up! Wink We were there a few weeks ago and the shelves were full of holiday scents - full price. So I guess they changed their minds! Smile

Trusted Contributor
On 10/25/2014 beach-mom said:
On 10/25/2014 Grade1Teach said:

ITA! I'm still tempted, but I can't keep up with them! It seems they're going for quantity instead of quality.

I got these at our local garden store. I first saw them last spring. When I went in after school started there were few left and they were all on clearance - including some fall scents I hadn't seen. The young SA (it's a family run store and I know most of them) told me they weren't going to carry them any longer. I was disappointed and tried to find the owner to ask, but we were in a hurry. I DID stock up! Wink We were there a few weeks ago and the shelves were full of holiday scents - full price. So I guess they changed their minds! Smile

Yes, I agree -- They are interested in quantity over quality. Too bad because they used to be awesome!! I still have my tried and true favorites (Twisted Peppermint and Frosted Cranberry), but once those are discontinued, I'll probably move on to another company completely. I still enjoy some of their fruity scents that come out seasonally, but I never get too hooked because I know those too will be short-lived.

I'm glad to hear that Kringle Candles decided to keep the melts. I've been doing more melting over burning actual candles anyway, so this is perfect for me.