Frequent Contributor

I am so disappointed in the last 2 Luminara candles that I have bought. One from the Q and one from a country shop. Both stopped working a couple of months after I bought them and it is not from the batteries, that was a hundred dollars wasted. I will never feel comfortable buying them againSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

If U R talking about Luminara flameless candles I had same problem. I contacted the company directly and spoke with someone in customer service, & explained how disappointed I was. They replaced mine. Google for details on phone number. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

The Luminara Company now only addresses problems with their candles if purchased directly through them, their website, so I am out of luck and will not purchase these again....

Honored Contributor

The luminara website is not operated by the luminara company. There is mention of it in one of the luminara threads. Ask Susan Mathews for contact info on her facebook page.

Respected Contributor
On 10/18/2014 1208 said:

The Luminara Company now only addresses problems with their candles if purchased directly through them, their website, so I am out of luck and will not purchase these again....

This spring I spoke with Luminara directly and had no problem with getting replacements.

I did purchase mine from QVC, a couple years ago!!!

Good luckSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Return them to China for repair.

Honored Contributor

I had my last one (purchased this April) quit as well. It was the only one in all the many I have purchased, but it really bothered me because they are so expensive. I don't have the receipt, but did purchase it from Q so could track it that way to report it to the company.

Skylands, did they make you pay to ship the defective one back or exactly how did you have to handle it? And thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

The lantern is working beautifully. Too bad the Luminaras are not being produced properly. All good things....

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor
On 10/19/2014 mominohio said:

I had my last one (purchased this April) quit as well. It was the only one in all the many I have purchased, but it really bothered me because they are so expensive. I don't have the receipt, but did purchase it from Q so could track it that way to report it to the company.

Skylands, did they make you pay to ship the defective one back or exactly how did you have to handle it? And thanks for the info.

No payment for S&H. Didn't have to return the defective candles. They were so nice and easy to deal with. I didn't have to beg, cry etc. Just voiced my disappointment. Call the Luminara candle store, customer service.

Mine quit working after a year. I decided this spring to call and see if they would replace. I told them I got it at QVC and showed them the order ( your history in QVC). They didn't request it.

In fact, they sent out a replacement with fragrance, which I HATE. So I called again and explained, and they took it back and sent out another that had no fragrance. I did speak to someone else at Luminary, Spencer, about this issue. He was very niceSmiley Happy

Good luckSmiley Happy

Occasional Contributor
I also purchased 3 of these red, ivory and green and none of them work.. They stay on for 5 min then shut off. Not worth the $$$