Contributor

All the Luminara candles are gone

Yesterday the Luminara selection had been decreased ; today they are ALL gone. What's going on? I love these candles and had planned on getting more for gifts.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: All the Luminara candles are gone

What !!!! I love these candles

Go to Amazon and buy them there

Regular Contributor

I see these candles at stores and also online at other retailers so you should be able to pick them up at one of those places too. Since they were basically bashing the luminara candles for how fake they looked when they were selling the new brand a few months ago I wondered if they were on their way out...

Contributor

What other stores sell luminara? I know Pottery Barn and Brookstone sell a couple of styles, but I haven't seem them anywhere else. Amazon has a few also. Are there any other retail stores that sell them? Also, what other new brand are you talking about? I'd love to have a backup if Luminara is actually gone for good.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Emilymark said: What other stores sell luminara? I know Pottery Barn and Brookstone sell a couple of styles, but I haven't seem them anywhere else. Amazon has a few also. Are there any other retail stores that sell them? Also, what other new brand are you talking about? I'd love to have a backup if Luminara is actually gone for good.

QVC has recently started selling a brand called Solare, item H203038, which is similar but not exactly like Luminara. The flame is round (3D) instead of flat, the top is scalloped instead of scooped out low on one side, the color that glows through the wax is not the same as Luminara, the flame moves in a slow back and forth motion instead of the dance pattern, and they have a shorter battery life than the current Luminaras.

That's just a quick rundown of the differences I can think of. I own a set of Solare in Ivory and I like them very much. That doesn't mean I'm loyal to any one brand, though, because I certainly am not. I want the Luminaras to return to QVC!!! We need choices!!!

ETA--Entirely speculation, but interesting timing. Check out the post dated 9/12 on Flipo Wholesale, maker of Solare:

http://www.flipowholesale.com/Solare-3D-Virtual-Flame-Candles-with-3D-Flame-and-Color-Hue-Technology...tml

Occasional Contributor

Doesn't it seem strange that they would suddenly be gone, seemingly overnight? I'm wondering if there was a recall on them or anything. Strangely, I also received an email that my backordered lanterns are delayed longer, but would still be shipped.

Contributor

I contacted customer service to inquire about the Luminara brand ""disappearing"" from qvc's website (it is not even listed among the Brands they carry anymore) and nobody knew anything about the issue and said they had not been given any information. I was advised to call back Friday or Saturday and check again...

Esteemed Contributor

ABC001, I also looked under Brands and noticed that Luminara is not there.

This is discouraging.

Contributor

Well doesn't that stink. I just noticed that myself today. I luckily ordered two for gifts before the mystery of the missing luminara's.

Trusted Contributor

Ok, this ticks me off.

That's all I am going to say.

{#emotions_dlg.angry}