Super Contributor

What happened to the Slatkin shows ?

It's another show that I miss .....so many have gone by the wayside . The candles were strongly scented , and the figurals were cute too . I still have the polar bear & a house ( or was it a candy shoppe ? ) ........I display them on the buffet , every other year . I wonder if they'll bring him back this Fall or is the product gone for good ? Sorry I didn't check beforehand .
Super Contributor

Re: What happened to the Slatkin shows ?

Just typed in Slatkin candles , and Bath & Body Works products appear . I do remember they bought his company , but didn't realize so much would change ; thought the name would remain .......also haven't seen any Bath & Body works shows for an hour , like they did under the Slatkin name . The set was beautiful with all the candlelight .
Esteemed Contributor

Bath & Body Works doesn't sell nearly as many of their home fragrance products under the Slatkin label as they did initially when they purchased Harry's company. Like so many others before him, Harry took the money and ran.

Harry's wife has a fragrance line out now called Nest. Perhaps that line will eventually include home fragrance products. Harry is a nose, which was his profession before he developed his home fragrance line, so he is probably the nose behind the Nest scents.

Super Contributor

Trix , thanks for the information ! I wish the Q would arrange candle shows like the Slatkin ones all lit up , with a variety of companies sold during the hour . Also , try to get some figurals back for those shows , especially around the holidays / cold seasons . They seemed to be a popular item .
Respected Contributor

I do know they have a son with autism and are very involved with helping research and such. Maybe that's why they sold to free up time for that. IDK for sure but you can google it. I do think they are very involved in the Autism foundation.
Contributor

I am not a fan of BBW summer scents so I went in for the first time in months. Love the fall and winter scents. Also discovered they quite doing the $10 off coupons. When did that happen??? Also couldn't believe the new luminary was $64. Are they crazy???

Valued Contributor

On 9/21/2014 beewee said:

I am not a fan of BBW summer scents so I went in for the first time in months. Love the fall and winter scents. Also discovered they quite doing the $10 off coupons. When did that happen??? Also couldn't believe the new luminary was $64. Are they crazy???

go to Retailmenot.com they have a $10.00 off $30.00 coupon right now online code LOVEFALL10

Occasional Contributor

Like you, I miss the Harry Slatkin candle shows. Last Christmas season, Jill Bauer helped launch a line of candles on QVC called NOTES. I am pretty sure it is connected with Harry Slatkin somehow. The candles looked nice, and had good to average reviews. They were about tumbler size candles, and were a little overpriced. QVC still has them. Maybe they will go on sale. Maybe Slatkin will be on again this holiday season. Who knows? It is odd that there has not been another NOTES candle show on QVC since then.

I think the candle offerings by QVC has really dropped off - and by that I mean the candles that actually burn.

Occasional Contributor

Like you, I miss the Harry Slatkin candle shows. Last Christmas season, Jill Bauer helped launch a line of candles on QVC called NOTES. I am pretty sure it is connected with Harry Slatkin somehow. The candles looked nice, and had good to average reviews. They were about tumbler size candles, and were a little overpriced. QVC still has them. Maybe they will go on sale. Maybe Slatkin will be on again this holiday season. Who knows? It is odd that there has not been another NOTES candle show on QVC since then.

I think the candle offerings by QVC has really dropped off - and by that I mean the candles that actually burn.

Respected Contributor

From what I understand Slatkin sold his entire business and is now doing some kind of fashion line. It's ashame because his candles and figurals were top of the line. I havent seen any figurals at BBW this year. His wife's line NEST is pricey and sold at some of the high end department stores.