Super Contributor

Advice about what candle to buy, please?

I just got an adorable metal lantern designed for a short pillar candle, or large votive, I guess. But my experience with flameless candles and battery operated LED lights generally hasn't been great.--they seem to go through batteries really quickly, or just plain stop working too soon. Does anyone have a recommendation for a durable candle? Since it's inside a lantern where it can't be seen too close up, I'd love it if it also had a "flame" rather than the lights recessed inside the top of the pillar. Thanks for the help!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice about what candle to buy, please?

I highly recommend the luminara candles with the magnetic 'flame'. I think it looks very realistic from a distance. Honestly, hubby is one who thought he had to blow it out. Now that was from 15 feet away but still!!

First, make sure you get one that has a timer so you don't burn through batteries when you don't want the light to shine. Second, find a place that sells the size of rechargeable batteries you need for the candle you choose. And get a charger. I think locally if I want to buy two size D rechargeables they are somewhere around $15-20. It's a lot but you will save a fortune in batteries over time. Buy a second set for backup if you want to be able to replace them as soon as you take out the dead ones.

You should be good to go! My rechargeables in Luminaras last at least a month, maybe two. I lose count because I don't have to replace them that often. And I have at least 7 Luminara candles running on rechargeable D batters Smiley Wink I also have some Candle Impressions running on rechargeable C batteries. And I have a lot of others on AA or AAA rechargeables.

Love my flameless candles Smiley Wink

KJPA
Contributor

Luminara all the way....they are all I have and I love them.

Super Contributor

Thanks, KJPA and pepmom. They are pricey, but sound worth it.