Respected Contributor

Better Homes and Gardens Candles ..(Walmart)

I was just in Walmart to buy a few cleaning supplies and walked past the candles. Last year I bought some of the Better Homes and Gardens candles and LOVED the scents. This year again, they have some wonderful fragrances and the throw is as good, if not better, than many of the more expensive candles found in the mall. They also have the melts. For the price, you can't beat it! I noticed some of the Fall scents are beginning to appear, as well.

If you have never tried them, give them a go.. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: Better Homes and Gardens Candles ..(Walmart)

Last year I saw these at Walmart. They had the most luscious names, but I didn't care for any of the smells! Maybe they were all mixing together, I don't know. I have the same problem with Yankee Candles - I can't even get inside the store without all the scents mixing and making me sick. For some reason I don't have that problem with BBW 3-wicks. They are my favorites and I am looking forward to my next visit to check out the new seasonal fragrances.

Trusted Contributor

Their melts are very good and have a great throw. I just melted one I had previously burned and it was still going strong. Plus, you get eight cubes to a package.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a quilt I got at WM thats a Better Homes & Garden, at least 5 years ago, still looks like new. I love their tart warmers too..I will be on the lookout for their candles!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Are they clean burning candles?

Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 HHC1 said:

Are they clean burning candles?

YES! I've had no problem whatsoever.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

Bought a BH&G candle at Walmart yesterday, Spiced Pumpkin Pie. I haven't burned it yet, but I thought I'd try it for $3.97. The larger candles are $5.97. A lot of the scents were sold out, but then our Walmart is famous for things being out of stock. I'll look again next time I go in.

Super Contributor

I tell ya last year my Shoprite Supermarket had Vanilla and Pumpkin for .99 and they were wonderful. Not into lighting candles anymore so I put them on my warmer.

Valued Contributor

I lit my BH&G Spiced Pumpkin Pie candle last night and the throw is amazing! I'm going back today to get the larger size and a few others. Can't be beat for the price! Highly recommended!

Honored Contributor

Have to agree. I switched from Yankee Candle to these when they first came out and since then, friends and family have also made the switch.

I no longer buy them due to my asthma but give them as gifts and people LOVE them.