Esteemed Contributor
I know some had problems with the original when they were introduced . I was a bit concerned but I went ahead and ordered the recent TSV. Well, the first one lasted a few weeks and we loved it then it died. The Q sent a prompt replacement but the pump didn't work so back it went. Does anyone else continue to have problems with theirs?
Regular Contributor

I ordered four from the second shipment and have no problems with them, but I've had to give them some extra TLC. Every couple of weeks I empty them of water and try to clean the inside. Mostly that's just a matter of pouring a bit of hot water in each one and shaking them, then turning them upside down. You'll see all kinds of gunk come out. Lumpy gunk. I do that about 10 times with each and it seems to clean them well enough since the space is too narrow to get down by the pump with hands or a cleaning tool. Then... when I go to turn the light and water back on, sometimes the fountain doesn't start right away. Sometimes it takes more than a minute or five to get going again, but always does. I've had a water fountain of some sort in my home for years. The larger ones are heavy and take a lot more work to maintain. It helps to keep them running 24/7 rather than on a timer.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/24/2014 pjoy said:

I ordered four from the second shipment and have no problems with them, but I've had to give them some extra TLC. Every couple of weeks I empty them of water and try to clean the inside. Mostly that's just a matter of pouring a bit of hot water in each one and shaking them, then turning them upside down. You'll see all kinds of gunk come out. Lumpy gunk. I do that about 10 times with each and it seems to clean them well enough since the space is too narrow to get down by the pump with hands or a cleaning tool. Then... when I go to turn the light and water back on, sometimes the fountain doesn't start right away. Sometimes it takes more than a minute or five to get going again, but always does. I've had a water fountain of some sort in my home for years. The larger ones are heavy and take a lot more work to maintain. It helps to keep them running 24/7 rather than on a timer.

Thanks for the tips. The CS I spoke with said that it could be that UPS is throwing around the boxes . I'll be waiting for my replacement and hopefully this one will work as I really want to love these.
Trusted Contributor

I ordered one and sent it back, after two weeks. Mine was working ok. But, I hated the sound. I usually love the sound of fountains, but this one grated on my nerves, and I wasn't even in the same room with it. It was in the bathroom, and I was in a room down the hall. I tried adjusting the water level, but it was still irritating.

It was only after I decided to send it back that my sweet husband said he was thankful it was leaving, lol. He thought I liked it, so he was trying his best to ignore it. But, he found it irritating as well.

I also didn't like the amount of water it splashed everywhere. I bought it in the sand, and did think it was a pretty candle. If the light would have flickered, I may have kept it. But, I didn't care for the LED light either.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

I love both the original and the newer model and haven't had any real problem. One day I noticed the newer one was making a whirring noise. I filled it with white vinegar, ran it for a few hours and then let it sit overnight. No more funny sound and that was weeks ago. I let mine run usually 24/7. They are downstairs so they don't bother us when we sleep but if I think they are loud I add more water. I have never had ANY splashing unless I'm careless when I add water.

If these do break I will repurchase, I like them that much! The water movement gives them an illusion of flickering so I'm not sure if a flickering light would add a lot.

By the way, we have a Reverse Osmosis water system which means the water I use is similar to distilled water and I've never emptied them other than the one time I had to use the vinegar. I've run them for about 6 months.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor
On 8/21/2014 KJPA said:

I love both the original and the newer model and haven't had any real problem. One day I noticed the newer one was making a whirring noise. I filled it with white vinegar, ran it for a few hours and then let it sit overnight. No more funny sound and that was weeks ago. I let mine run usually 24/7. They are downstairs so they don't bother us when we sleep but if I think they are loud I add more water. I have never had ANY splashing unless I'm careless when I add water.

If these do break I will repurchase, I like them that much! The water movement gives them an illusion of flickering so I'm not sure if a flickering light would add a lot.

By the way, we have a Reverse Osmosis water system which means the water I use is similar to distilled water and I've never emptied them other than the one time I had to use the vinegar. I've run them for about 6 months.

If the light had flickered, I may have kept mine and just used it as a large flameless candle, although the LED light did remind me of the light in my refrigerator.

And, no I wasn't careless! No matter what the water level, my counter was always covered with water droplets.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"