Trusted Contributor

Just bought a new candle from Walmart....

and its called Wild Blueberry Pie. It smells exactly like blueberry muffins! Better Homes and Gardens, 18 oz (big size), $5.97. I've never seen a blueberry candle and was instantly interested in it. I think this is a new one scent as they had this and others I have not seen before.

I usually buy Bath and Body Works candles, but this works just as well and for half the price! I will definitely buy another before they do away with this blueberry scent and bring in new ones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just bought a new candle from Walmart....

Good info to know Shauna. I was just reading on Candlefind dot come where they review all brands of candles, that this brand was a good buy for the price.I am going to look for them next time I am in Walmart.....

Honored Contributor

I use nothing but their BH&G wax melts. Why not, they're strong, cheap and have a wide variety of scents for all seasons? What more could you want?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I just posted about a BHG candle. I love the Spicy Cinnamon Stick scent, in the 18 oz jar, year around.

Tip: when shopping for candles sniff the inside of the lid or the bottom of a pillar / tea light / "un-jarred" candle for the true fragrance. It also doesn't help to air out your nose since after a while they all start to smell the same. I'll walk up the next isle and come back down the candle isle after a few candles.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the advice. That sounds delicious. I used to get blueberry candles years ago and love the scent (not a fan of baked vanilla stuff, love berry and piney scents.)

I think I got a balsam pine there that I use to mask the doggy odors from the pets. Works very well and a lot less expensive than Yankee, which seems weaker in scent-throw these days.

Off to Walmart, tonight. I need a new trash can anyway. Thanks!

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 kachina624 said: I use nothing but their BH&G wax melts. Why not, they're strong, cheap and have a wide variety of scents for all seasons? What more could you want?

Same here! I've tried Yankee Candle melts but wasn't too impressed.

I also have these BHG wax warmers:

Better Homes and Gardens Scented Wax Warmer, Bird Bath Better Homes and Gardens Scented Wax Warmer, Butterflies

Super Contributor

Here's a list of BHG wax melts that I own:

Wild Blueberry Pie

Sun-Lit Strawberry Patch

Raspberry Linzer Cookie

Brownie Pecan Pie

Iced Carrot Cake

Vanilla Cookie Crunch

Warm Comforting Kitchen

Lunchtime Picnic Fun (meadow + melon dual scented wax cubes)

Fresh Cut Frasier

Christmas Morning Latte

Chocolate Peppermint Truffles

BHG candle wise, I own Tropical Banana Leaves. Great scent for summer.

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

Here's a list of BHG wax melts that I own:........

Fresh Cut Frasier

What does that smell like? I mean, does it smell like a real Frasier or the artificial Frasier? I know that maybe hard to answer. {#emotions_dlg.blush} To me real Frasier is light, fresh, bright and sort of citrus-y whereas artificial is strong and smells like you shoved a limb in your nostril. {#emotions_dlg.blink} I have used Yankee Candle "Mistletoe" and it was way too strong. It smelled good unlit, but lit it burnt my nose and sinuses. Right now I use ScentSicles in Fir scent. But they don't last long.

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Ane1There said:
On 7/3/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

Here's a list of BHG wax melts that I own:........

Fresh Cut Frasier

What does that smell like? I mean, does it smell like a real Frasier or the artificial Frasier? I know that maybe hard to answer. {#emotions_dlg.blush} To me real Frasier is light, fresh, bright and sort of citrus-y whereas artificial is strong and smells like you shoved a limb in your nostril. {#emotions_dlg.blink} I have used Yankee Candle "Mistletoe" and it was way too strong. It smelled good unlit, but lit it burnt my nose and sinuses. Right now I use ScentSicles in Fir scent. But they don't last long.

Sorry, but that part of your post made me {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Anyway, BHG Fraiser smells like the real deal and isn't overpowering. Even my husband likes it. I'm an asthmatic, so I have to pick scents carefully (no strong florals). Luckily, I haven't had any issues with BHG scents.

Super Contributor

Love their candles. I have gotten away from Yankee Candle due to the cost. For $6, you cannot beat these candles. Good scents and they burn evenly.