Respected Contributor

Candle and Wax Chatter- Just looking for like minded wax nuts!

I thought I would start a thread for anyone wanting to talk about Candles and wax. I am a big addicted wax fan and would love to talk about it with anyone willing to share.

I have a big Yankee Candle collection that I started just 6 months ago and buy BBW, GooseCreek and other vendors as well.

Contributor

Re: Candle and Wax Chatter- Just looking for like minded wax nuts!

Do you ever go to MakeUpAlley*com? The Bath & Body board and the Home board often have threads.

There are several Yankee candles that I purchase often. I really like their Apple Pumpkin. I used to choose Colonial Candle, when they were more available and their sales were competitive.

My very favorite line is Blue Flame Candles. The Lemon Biscotti is popular with almost everyone who experiences it. They burn evenly, have great wicks, and the owner has a talent with fragrance and gives great service.

My second favorite line is Sage (Machado). But, they are pricey.

Thanks for the thread.

Respected Contributor

I have gone there for Beauty reviews and candle reviews but didn't reliaze that they had message boards. I will check those out for sure. I am always jonesing to talk to someone about melting.

I love Apple Pumpkin! That is a top 10 for sure! Bought myself a backup at the SAS last winter. I am going to have to check into Blue Flame Candles and that lemon Biscotti one for sure. I really like Lemon in a candle. Do they ever have good sales? I am not one to pay full price for a candle and stock up when there are sales. I am going to check out Sage as well. Smiley Happy So glad to have found a likeminded friend. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love candles too! I'm a big vanilla fan and sweet fruity flavors Smiley Happy Right now I'm burning Peeps from Yankee. Love it! And I have Luau Party ready to go when it feels a little more summery. Apple Pumpkin was also one of our faves.<p>

LisaB, I stocked up last fall when Yankee had a big online sale and got a lot of the large jars and tumblers for $10 each. I think it was also free shipping. I hope they have a sale like that again this year.<p>

KJPA
Contributor

Sage's site is sagejewelry*com. If you sign up for their e-mails, you will get promotions from time to time. While they are a little more established than Blue Flame, it is still a small boutique type of company. You will find a lot of feedback about their perfume oils and candles on MUA in the reviews and on the chat boards.

Blue Flame Candles rarely has sales, but they almost always exceed their burn time. It is a small company, and the owner makes all of them. Well worth a try. I end up buying them even when Yankee is running one of their great sales.

Valued Contributor

I am also a candle/melt junkie. My daughter teases me all the time saying my house would burn to the ground if they were all lit at once. My 2 favorite brands are B&BW 3-wick and Crossroads 2-wick. Crossroads are made here in Ohio, about 90 minutes from me. My favorite scents from them are the Buttered Maple Syrup and Kettle corn. I just received an order from them yesterday, thought I would try the peach cobbler and the french toast. Lit the peach cobbler last night and it smells wonderful. the last time I ordered they sent me a free hanging room freshener in the peach cobbler scent, we hung it in hubby's truck and it smelt so yummy that I decided to get a candle. These candles burn clean and the scent lasts to the very end. I ordered some of their new melts in my last order, but they did not have a lot of throw so I won't be ordering them again, but the candles are great. I am a foodie candle person, I don't care much for B&BW Spring/Summer scents but tend to stock up on Fall/Winter/Holiday scents so I have quite a few of those from this past year. I was in B&BW a few weeks ago and they had a few melts and warmers. The girl said that the melts were not theirs but that as far as she knew, they would be coming out with their own scents in them later this summer. Looking forward to that. For now, I buy the BH&G and Scentsationals melts. They are the best. Thanks for starting this new thread.

Honored Contributor

I placed a large order of votives and wax melts directly from A Cheerful Giver so that I could try the brand and a variety of scents. I'm so glad I did.

Yesterday I did Cashmere wax melts.

I also bought a new candle today from a boutique from a brand called Shining Sol candle Company. The candle is an ocean scent called Chesapeake. I am burning that today.

I'm a big YC fan but I am not loving any of the Spring/Summer scents so far this year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

How exciting! Going to try all the mentioned vendors for sure. My boyfriend said that there could be a black out in my community and I could assist everyone with candles. Its such a odd addiction. I was never into candles so much before, picked up a yankee medium tumbler a couple of years ago from our local hallmark because i had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket. That candle stuck around for years and then I got a 3 pack of My favorite things from a fundraiser and apple cider medium jar was accidentally put in my box. Yankee. So that is what started it all and now I have 90 large jars and at least 25 BBW 3 wicks, Some Candles by Vicoria, Grumpy Girl which is now closing. Bummer and Kim's tarts.

Oh and a bunch of tarts from Yankee. There is a sale right now. I have Luau Party too to burn and already burned Under the palms and LOVE IT!

Honored Contributor

I have been a Candle Lover for many many years. I just love them, I love the scents and the ambience of haveing candles lit.I used to burn them in a lot of different rooms, but now I just burn Candles in my Living Room and use melts for my kitchen and bedroom.Right now I am burning Clove from Kringle Candles-smells sooo good and not overly strong either, and I am melting Granny's Kitchen from Kitchen Melts-love her melts, have been ordering from her for years and her melts are strong and she has such yummy scents and they are only 1.10 per melt....Superb Service too.......Granny's Kitchen is a nice spice scent so it compliments my Clove Candle nicely.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I wandered into Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had many candles! I bought two large jar Goosecreekcandles and a mason jar same company. The large jars were $7.99 ! I was shocked!! I am really liking Goosecreekcandles lately scents bought: Sweet Petals, peach blossom and summer slices. So happy!