Contributor

Is anyone else having a problem with the Luminara candles with them either stop working, even when you put new after new batteries in them and also with the two pieces coming apart. There is a wax part on the outside of the candles which sits on a plastic piece inside the candles, they come apart. I have purchased 8 of these candles and have had to throw 7 of them out because they stop working. These candles are way to expensive to just throw in the garbage. I have contact QVC but all I get is, your 30 days is up and we cannot do anything about it. They need to fix the problem because these are not just $1 throw away candles. I really like them but they need some work.

Respected Contributor

As I mentioned in someone else's post about ""shoddy packaging"" email Luminara customer service.

Respected Contributor

All of mine are either Candle Impressions, or Home Reflections. I have had some of them for 4+ years and no problems. Mine come packaged in Styrofoam. Sorry you are having problems with Luminara. I love mine. I've had 2 fires, so no real candles in my home. Hope you can get the defective ones replaced. Good Luck!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor
I have many types of flameless candles and love them all. Luminara is the most fun though! I have never had a problem with them but haven't made a new purchase for at least a year. I hope they haven't gone soft on quality control!
KJPA
Honored Contributor

I have lots of Luminara, and so far haven't had any problems with them. Mine range in age from new this Christmas, to as old as some of the original sets, with everything in between.

Are all your candles the same item number, purchased at the same general time? Could you have gotten a "bad batch" maybe?

If they are various styles, purchased over a wider span of time, could it be the environment they are in (like maybe are you using them in very damp conditions like a bathroom or a kitchen where lots of steam occurs) or are they being handled or stored roughly?

Not meaning to suggest you are mishandling them, but if they aren't all from the same item number and time frame, it seems very odd to have lost so many. I've never heard of that much trouble with these.

I'd definitely complain to both Q and the Luminara company, as they are not inexpensive items, and you should get years of use out of them. Sorry you have had this experience.

Respected Contributor

I have luminara also...one is the 5"" glitter candle....the other is the 7"" fleur de lis...both work perfectly and are gorgeous!!! I love these better then other brands of flameless candles due to the realistic look. I haven't had any trouble like the OP is describing. I do own candle impression...a set with candle holder pedatsal/plus glass cover and those never worked right and you could barely see any light coming off them.

Contributor

I have many Candle Impressions and Home Reflections. My house is filled with them. The Luminar's are the only ones I have had a problem with. I do not have them anywhere else except in my living room and also in my fireplace for effect when it is not cold out. I purchased at 3 difference times. I really like the effect of these but somehow they don't like me. I even purchased them when they were a TSV and came with the remote. If anyone has the Luminara phone number or the web site I would appreciate them giving it to me because I can't get it out of QVC. Thanks

Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 apptini said:

I have many Candle Impressions and Home Reflections. My house is filled with them. The Luminar's are the only ones I have had a problem with. I do not have them anywhere else except in my living room and also in my fireplace for effect when it is not cold out. I purchased at 3 difference times. I really like the effect of these but somehow they don't like me. I even purchased them when they were a TSV and came with the remote. If anyone has the Luminara phone number or the web site I would appreciate them giving it to me because I can't get it out of QVC. Thanks

Google is your friend!

Respected Contributor

I have one luminara and it's working (they're all working, as it turns out). I like that it flashes wildly when the batteries run down.

I have to admit that these flameless candles are all battery hogs. I still like them, though.

What worries you masters you.
Occasional Contributor
On 3/16/2014 Moonlady said:

I have one luminara and it's working (they're all working, as it turns out). I like that it flashes wildly when the batteries run down.

I have to admit that these flameless candles are all battery hogs. I still like them, though.

I find the luminara to be the worst at eating the batteries, though. But I've had some fun fooling friends with them, that's for sure!