Frequent Contributor

I'm determined to try flameless candles. But I wonder which brand to try. Do you prefer CI where the flicker appears to be in the middle of the candle or the seen flame on Luminaras?

Doesn't seeing that flickering faux flame look totally fake? I'm just wondering & I know you ladies will steer me in the right direction.

Thanks so much!

Contributor

Both are very nice; but, I really enjoy Luminara.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I have both. I prefer candle impression. If your concern is which looks less fake, then I'd go with the luminara.

Frequent Contributor
Love the luminara and watch for it to ""light up"" every night on my coffee table! Candle impressions are great in my bookcase or bathrooms for a warm glow. I think it depends on which application you are trying for. Both are wonderful and lovely!
Honored Contributor

I have both, as well as Home Reflections ........... it's whatever you are interested in, JMHO!

Super Contributor

I got a pair of the Luminara candles a few months back and they blew my mind. Even my visiting sister fell in love with them. We had to run out quickly and my DH said when I got home, "Nice job, Einstein, for leaving the house with candles lit". I led him over to the candles and had him check them out - he was blown away to say the least.

Since then I've ordered the CI chandelier that comes apart to make two sconces and love them. I really thought they'd be the same but I found out quickly that they're worlds apart. But the glow is really pretty and I placed them on either side of my slider...very nice.

After that I ordered the set of 7 CI candles for <$30 (on the clearance page) and loved them so much I ended up ordering 4 more sets!! They're all along the top of my kitchen cabinets and around the living room, in the spare bathroom and on the pub set. Even DH couldn't complain about the price of them!!

Now, I just need a GREAT deal on batteries!!!!

Frequent Contributor

wow, it sounds like you all like both of them! I know, I'll order some of each & be really happy!

Thanks girls!

Regular Contributor
On 3/13/2014 Tulips4U said:

wow, it sounds like you all like both of them! I know, I'll order some of each & be really happy!

Thanks girls!

I don't know whether you shop at One Kings Lane (which I'm addicted to, along with Joss and Main and Rue La La!), but they're having a sale on Luminara now through March 20.

I love both CI and Luminara and have both in my home. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either!

eta - the one caveat about buying from One Kings Lane is that very often items are non-returnable, except if there's a defect. (I've been shopping with them for over a year and have never had a problem, but thought I would mention the return policy.)

Honored Contributor

Both are great, and the only two brands I will buy.

CI has much longer battery life, and the candles last year after year. You just can't seem to wear them out, even with daily use. During the day, they look more like a real candle than the Luminara, but you can't see the light well during the day, mostly good for dark areas or night time use.

The Luminara are really cool when lit, and show up well when lit during the day. When not lit, the fake plastic flame looks fake, and many people don't like that. Battery life is getting better on these, but not anywhere near CI. They also don't have the lifespan (in my opinion) of the CI candles.

If you can afford it, I would try one of each, as they are both great, in different ways. What I wouldn't recommend is trying any other brand before these. Most are of lesser quality, shorter battery life, and look "cheap" compared to these two brands. I especially enjoy the engraved or sculpted versions of each brand.