Super Contributor

B&BW mini jar candle question

I just received my order and find they've significantly downsized the single wicks, 1.3oz. compared to 4oz. I'm wondering when it happened and did they used to be called mini?

I threw in 3/$10 to my last order to make free shipping because by my logic if I'm going to be charged $6 for shipping I'd rather spend $10 for some thing and get free shipping. If I had spent $4.50 on one I'd be miffed but at fault for not noticing the size diff. With my coupon, etc., they wound up @~$2.50 so I was OK with that but it wasn't the deal I thought it was. IIRC weren't the single 4oz. $4.50? As I was unpacking they seemed so tiny in my hand, basically a votive.

I like the scents I got. Smile

I haven't purchased B&BW candles in a while so I hope someone can remember the change. I could've been 3 years ago or 3 months ago. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Does anyone still use the big pineapple luminary? I love that thing! But now I use a battery candle in it.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: B&BW mini jar candle question

I haven't noticed a change in the size because I only buy the 3-wick candles when they go on sale. I just found that the little ones were only good for scenting very small rooms such as the bathroom.

Super Contributor

Vaccinia, you're quick. I appreciate your reply!

So, I just did a little checking and it's possible the 4oz. used to go for $10. Apparently I got a very, very good deal on one way back when. But still, I wasn't able to find any currently on the website and don't remember the tiny ones. Maybe it's just my memory....aaaarrrrggggghhhhh {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I probably would've ignored them in the past.

Oh, and now I see I missed a small pineapple, for 4oz. candles, on QVC. It's on waitlist, though. So, the 4oz. do still exist, at least a few months ago.

Valued Contributor

I only buy the 3 wicks also because the little ones don't have much if any throw. The mini's have been around for awhile, they have those, the 4 oz. single wick, and the 3 wicks. I occasionally buy the mini's (or get them free when they sometimes have promotions) for use in my electric melt warmer, cut them in half or 3rds and put in melter, they smell great in there.

Trusted Contributor

They no longer carry the size your are referring to. Now you will find the single wick in the mason jar size or the mini's.

Respected Contributor

You are confusing two different candles. They have/had the 4 oz that they are phasing out and the mini that you bought that are 1.3 oz or so. So you did get what you ordered just confused in what you were expected. I always buy the 3 wicks on sale, more bang for your buck. You can exchange at the store next time you are shopping. They are good about that kind of thing.