Respected Contributor

The Timer On The CI "Angel" Candle Stopped Working

I noticed about a week ago that it wasn't on, but I didn't want to upset the timing because I wasn't sure exactly what time it was supposed to come on. When I noticed that it didn't come on at all, I turned it on manually and it did work. It also went off that night. The problem is that it doesn't turn on automatically 19 hours later (I liked that feature). Last night, I decided to try the "programmable" buttons to see if that makes a difference. I'll be looking out for that tonight.

At least it still lights, so that's a plus, but I'm disappointed that so many things work for such a limited amount of time. Darn.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Timer On The CI ""Angel"" Candle Stopped Working

I'm happy to say, that did make a difference. I was thrilled to see it come on automatically last night!

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any issue with timers not working. I've had a couple candles die over the years, but the entire candle ends up not working. Lately I've come across battery issues. When I switch brands, it's fixed the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Moonlady, I have one CI candle, the Moroccan, that works on 5-hr timer mode, but does NOT work on programmable timer mode. It is opposite of your candle it seems. I really enjoy this particular candle and am just thankful that at least one of the timer modes still works. Any candle around my house that doesn't have a timer isn't going to get illuminated I'm afraid. Love those timers.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 SHOPR said:

Moonlady, I have one CI candle, the Moroccan, that works on 5-hr timer mode, but does NOT work on programmable timer mode. It is opposite of your candle it seems. I really enjoy this particular candle and am just thankful that at least one of the timer modes still works. Any candle around my house that doesn't have a timer isn't going to get illuminated I'm afraid. Love those timers.

Well, you're never going to believe this because I can't--it was the battery.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

That's something I never suspected (and something that greycatsrule alluded to about changing the batteries) because the candle does light. Apparently, the timer doesn't work if the batteries are merely weak, something I've never noticed in any of the other flameless candles (and I have many). In addition, I was able to get it to work using the programmable feature, so that really doesn't make sense to me, though maybe that would have konked out eventually, too.

Oh well, at least it works, and that makes me very happy. That angel candle is one of my favorites.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Moonlady, well that is interesting, isn't it? I know that with my Luminara, HR, and Pacific Accents, they start blinking oddly when the batteries get too weak for the candle to operate properly. But my CI candles don't really do anything other than get dimmer and dimmer until they eventually quit coming back on.