Occasional Contributor

Ideas on how to get the scented wax out of a candle?

I need your thoughts on how to remove the wax from a candle and put it in your warmer so that you can enjoy the fragrance without having to burn the candle?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ideas on how to get the scented wax out of a candle?

I cut it out in chunks with a boning knive

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

What candles do you prefer?

Honored Contributor

None in particular.......but they have to be heavily scented to get any ""melted aroma""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Is the candle in a jar? I often put my jar candles in my candle warmer (looks like a small crockpot without the crock), they melt and smell nice. Once you've melted it in the candle warmer, however, the wick disappears and you can't light it in the normal way again. But I've heated them over and over again until they no longer produce fragrance.

Respected Contributor

I've done the knife thing too, but ended up with broken glass.... I would use a candle warmer as well .....

Occasional Contributor

last night I bought a yankee candle, love them. The wax is hard as a rock, when I tried to get it out with a spoon....then a knife.....I ended up breaking the rim of the jar.

Honored Contributor

Put it in the freezer. The wax will shrink & you can take a butter knife to go around the edges & it should pop out. You can also cut some slits in the wax & fill with boiling water. Let it cool & the leftover wax should float to the top. I put the glass container in the microwave with a little water to get hot so I can wipe it out with a paper towel. I use goo gone to clean the remaining wax residue off the container.

Frequent Contributor

I put my Yankees on those little flat plug-in warmer things.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the yankee candle not knowing how hard the wax was. They make the little tarts but are $2 a piece, I won't justify spending that kind of $. The Salt City candles are great!