Super Contributor

How do you decorate with candles?

Through the year. I never thought I would use Flameless candles but they are great and I am just now getting into using them. I was given one and that hooked me for life I guess although I still burn my soy candles...........here are some things I saw as to where to place candles for decoration and I would love to know what you are doing in decorating with candles.

If you have a headboard with a shelf........fill it will all sizes of flameless candles.......

a stairway in your home..........line your flameless candles on each step all the way to the top......both sides if possible.

Large platter and all kinds of sizes of flameless candles

in a hurricane jar or vase add 12 candle tapers and wrap with ribbon and burn each one at the same time.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you decorate with candles?

I'm hooked on these too! A few years ago, I'd never heard of them. I have them in my lanterns (which I collect) all over the house. I have THIS in bronze in the middle of my dining room table. I change the ring seasonally and even add shells in the summer. I love looking out there at night and knowing I don't have to worry about remembering to snuff out the candle. I have them on the mantle above our stove. I have one on a shelf in each bathroom and the powder room. I like the idea of lining the stairway, but our kitties would have fun knocking them down at night! I'm looking forward to hearing others' suggestions! Smile

Honored Contributor

I was hooked on flameless candles the first time I saw a candle impressions show. I have dozens. All shapes and sizes. I mainly have them on pillars. I have 7 that turn on each night. I have them in the kitchen and living room. The most unique pillar is on the kitchen table. It's around 18 inches tall and is ceramic. It's shades of green, tan, brown swirled. I have mercy glass pillars on the mantle in the living room. I have the piece below. I currently have silver mini ornaments in there, but I'll be switching it to red glass pebbles.

Respected Contributor

Aren't they great !! I hung an iron candle chandelier over my black marble jacuzzi tub with flameless candles in it, and also all around the ledge of the tub.
Honored Contributor

I've had flameless candles for years now, started with Candle Impressions (still the best battery life in the business), and have lots of Luminara too.

I love to put them in bookshelves and hutches, where a flame candle would be dangerous.

I love the ones that are wall mounted sconces in the bedrooms, for night lights and power outages,

I use them in lanterns and it is great because you can put other decor inside with them (that would normally be flammable) and use one lantern and candle (just change the filling) for every season. Cuts down on the amount of seasonal decor to store.

Inside the fireplace.

In kid's rooms as there is no fire hazard, and same for bathrooms, can stay lit and ok to be unattended.

Inside hurricanes, once again, changing out the other stuff inside for seasonal changes.

On chargers, surrounded by leaves, branches, pinecones, anything from outside nature, with no fire hazard.

Even keep a few in the basement for those times (seems like a lot this past year) we have to go to the basement for storm and tornado warnings. Easy to pop on, and very helpful in the dark basement when the power goes out. Don't have to worry about grabbing a flashlight before we go, they are already down there and ready.

Honored Contributor

I have "three-dimensional walls"........covered with ledges, sconces and shelves......and flameless candles

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Thank you ladies and Happy February..........I love your ideas and designs......thank you for sharing. I hope others will give us their decoration ideas for candles.

Honored Contributor

I have one older flameless candle that my sister gave me (no automatic timer on it). It's very heavy and looks so realistic. Just seems the older things QVC sold were better made than what is being offered now.

Super Contributor

It is such a shame that products go down in Quality and the companies put out cheap and want $$ for an item. I am very careful in what I buy now.........I prefer flea markets for home décor..........and I don't buy from the Q like I did years ago........I have seen quality go down and hear about it going down but the prices are higher...........so many companies are doing this........I tried to cut back and buy some blue jeans and I tried the Levi..........I would have had some alterations to be done but they were made so cheap........thin........one leg look fine the other was crooked with the cut of fabric........crazy......so I buy more expensive because they felt better (comfortable) and made better..............we get what we pay for sometimes but on tv you can feel and really look. It is nice getting out of the home to shop. My neighbor does not go into a store except for food.........everything she has excluding furniture paintings its all QVC.......yet she does buy QVC food, candles, machines, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

In our family room I have a lamp similar to this one. I have 3 Luminara on the center shelf and a Candle Impression on the top and bottom shelves.
I have Candle Impressions in the bathrooms, dining room (same one as graycatsrule has pictured), kitchen and master bedroom.
My living room has Valerie Gold Spheres & an angel Candle Impression.
Candle Impressions 9 Metal Angel w/ Flameless Candle & Timer
Just my 2 spare bedrooms don't have any flameless candles......Yet! lol