Valued Contributor

B&BW candles or Yankee--- which do you prefer?

I used to buy only Yankee but, for several years have purchased B&BW candles. Visited the Yankee store this week and bought a couple of Pumpkin Pie candles. I think the B&BW candles burn cleaner and the pool of melted wax that forms is appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: B&BW candles or Yankee--- which do you prefer?

Buy soy candles if you want a clean burn with no soot.

Regular Contributor

Hands down, Yankee. Don't like B&BW candles. I've tried them many times. Always go back to Yankee.

Valued Contributor

I like both.

Scents - when BBW get a scent right, it's fabulous and strong and I lean towards them but all too often they smell samey. The fruit/floral ones in particular can be all much of a muchness. Yankee have more variety of scents and they are actually all different even if some of them are very light.

Burn - Yankees can tunnel (and require a lot of effort to fix) and BBW can have dreadful drowning wicks so that's a tie. You get a faster wax pool with the BBW so they're better for a quick hit but the candles don't last as long. You can leave a Yankee burning all day (trimming the wick every couple of hours) but the BBWs can only be safely burned for about 3 hours in one go.

Cost - buying both BBW 3-wicks and Yankee large jars at the lowest possible cost (i.e. $11 vs B1G1 respectively), the Yankees are better value for money as you get more burn time per dollar.

So I use BBW when I want a lot of scent, fast, and I use Yankee as a background all-day scent.

Respected Contributor

Years ago Yankee was one of the only games in town..along with Colonial Candles in our area..but now so many optios with scents lasting.

I think BBW is just as good as Yankee and much cheaper.

Also, Kohls had/has a line that was a fraction of the price of Yankee and the scent was really strong. I can't recall the name.something like everyday.

I shop the Yankee Outlet and would never pay full price again..plus Yankee does have excellent coupons..buy one get one..and $10 off $25...

Burlington Coat Factory also sells Yankee for ten bucks for the large ones and eight for the medium..they may be past season scents..such as spring scents during fall etc..or the old jar but the price cannot be beat.

The days of me paying full price for Yankee are long gone.

Respected Contributor

I am devoted to Yankee candles at this time. I just love everything about them. The packaging the burning, scents, colors, labels etc. I have looked at BBW candles and will purchase them this spring when they have a sale on them to try them out.

Trusted Contributor

I wrote on another thread that I still buy some YC, but I do prefer BBW right now because I cut out the wax and put it on my warmer. I also like that BBW has a great variety of scents - Their spring/summer scents are my favorite.

I never had a problem with YC and a clean burn. I get a little soot from both brands. I guess it's unavoidable.

Contributor

Yankee Candles are my favorites. They make Our home smell "delicious", especially in the Winter months.
Occasional Contributor

B&BW. They have great coupon specials!