Weekend Preview
142 Members and 10865 Guests Online

Breezies

How does breezies stay in business??

Started 1308160026.587 in Breezies | Last reply 1366495446.433 by mamacarol

I really wanted a Breezies bra for the Ultimair because my VS bras are made of the hottest, sweatiest materials on earth! It's torture trying to find a quality Breezies bra that has more positive reviews than negative yet is also relatively good looking:not an ugly old-fashioned bra. Well I found that Breezies are sold on amazon.com for a considerable discount and I bought two36D bras that were nice styles for $10.89 each, and were also available on qvc.com so I could read both qvc's and amazon's reviews before buying. Neither bra had stellar reviews but I thought for the price I'll risk it.

Well... one fits well but the underwires are too short for the cup and I can tell that a few days wearing it will cause them to poke right out. The other one's cups are a full size or more too small for a 36D. I'm giving it to my mother who's a C-cup. Most reviews have stated these problems in Breezies bras...I've read a lot reviews! How do they still manage to sell these???

I posted this here in hopes someone from Breezies will see it and take what is an excellent concept, and improve upon it! Add me to the list of complainers so hopefully something changes! If not I hope another company that actually understands quality and consistency can invent a bra with their own version of Ultimair because I'll be first in line!

Page 1 of 5
sandree1308764327.02314 PostsRegistered 6/22/2011

You've expressed my sentiments exactly. It's very tempting to buy when they're on air, because they almost make you feel like everything will be sold out if you wait. I've learned a very valuable lesson and that is to read the reviews. I could've saved myself a lot of S&H if I had taken the time to be a good consumer.

I'm with you. I don't know how they stay in business. Maybe people are too lazy to send them back. Put me in that category. I finally gave up and donated mine. I now go to a retail store and get fitted. Saves a lot of hassle and even though the products are more expensive, they FIT!

di-mc1308765011.2877506 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

I can't tolerate the Ultimair, it's unbelievably scratchy. Actually tried washing a couple bras numerous times hoping it would soften up, but they still feel like they're lined in sand paper. I should have sent them back immediately.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Jeanne R1308799906.8574788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

that's what i have in my mind

mamacarol1310226248.921366 PostsRegistered 1/30/2007

AMEN to OP. I guess if everyone was as thin as the Gendel's and had no breasts their bras would be just the thing.

rarejan1310226448.793743 PostsRegistered 5/14/2011Western New York

Well I tried to like the Breezy's bras I ordered and finally gave up and went back to Wacoal. My new Wacoal arrived yesterday and I'm happy again! If the girls aren't happy, mama's not happy.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1310226877.96714336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I have two that were part of a TSV awhile ago and I love them! Cannot say enough good things about them. They are way more comfy than my Wacoal.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

snowvalley1310228592.6572 PostsRegistered 10/29/2008

go to e-bay and buy. mostly 5.00 there. i always check on e-bay first to try something

luvmypupz1310229351.8574991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

Every time I have looked at the reviews on them, they have alot of bad reviews. Most of the bras have such wide straps and too much material for me. I will stick with my VS ones.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

katiescarl­ett1310230490.3571343 PostsRegistered 6/19/2007South Carolina

I bought a pair of Breezies bras several years ago - they were a TSV. I am not impressed. I ended up pulling out the underwire (which they swore on air would not poke you) because they DID poke me and starting coming out. The material is flimsy, too, and I found no improvement from the Ultimair which would have been a great idea living in the hot and humid South. And they are very expensive.

I found a Bali bra which I absolutely love and can get it at Kohl's on sale and I usually get one when I am lucky and get a 30% off discount which I can use on top of the sale price.

"Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of
man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world, but it
surely will change the world for that one dog." - Richard C. Call

tdog1310230771.5772265 PostsRegistered 12/4/2007

I hate Breezies bras! They never fit right and they are way overpriced! Someone must love them because they've been on the Q for years! Maybe if you are a 34 b you can find one that fits.

kittykatkay1310231169.11723127 PostsRegistered 2/24/2011

I bet Breezies and Spanx will be replaced with different lines by next year. The Ahhh bra and panties are selling like hotcakes at HSN everytime they bring them on. I have only tried one type of the ahhh bra and had to send it back, not enough support for me but others must like them because when they have a TSV over 40-50,000 are out the door.

I love to laugh and dance......

RedConvert­ibleGirl1310231330.92714336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 7/9/2011 tdog said:

I hate Breezies bras! They never fit right and they are way overpriced! Someone must love them because they've been on the Q for years! Maybe if you are a 34 b you can find one that fits.

I am definitely not a 34B, and I don't think around $60 for two bras is bad at all. Sure beats the $60 each for Wacoal.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

MsEsq1310835087.42144 PostsRegistered 8/31/2006
On 7/9/2011 tdog said:

ITA, these bras are really only for A & B-cup. The "someone" who loves them: The Q!!! They bought out this brand very early on, so that's why it's pretty much the only bra available.

And a word of warning: The "matching" panty for the TSV - A216458 - is 2 pair for $34.50 plus tax & shipping! That's $17.25 + tx/shp per pair!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.angry}

These exact same panties are Flexees brand, available at Costco, 3 pair for $14.99!!!!

qvcaddition1310835356.7475638 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

love breezes, and I am not small or big, just average. I have brought many brands over the years and these make the girls look perky for the age. I agree about the underwire maybe being very strong, but this is what I like. Sorry to disagree. I love breezy products, in fact, just order some underpants, they last forever.

Oh, I brought Wacoal and Soma. While I also like these, my breezes more comfortable. I am a 36C.

Last edited on 7/16/2011

Last edited on 7/16/2011

forrest1310940307.13800 PostsRegistered 11/23/2006Virginia
On 7/9/2011 kittykatkay said:

I bet Breezies and Spanx will be replaced with different lines by next year. The Ahhh bra and panties are selling like hotcakes at HSN everytime they bring them on. I have only tried one type of the ahhh bra and had to send it back, not enough support for me but others must like them because when they have a TSV over 40-50,000 are out the door.

I love the Ahhh bra- no under wire and lots of stretch - just ordered the camis that they had on. I must have 20 or so Breezies and kept hoping they would fit- all different sizes- I took out all the underwire because it was so uncomfortable and then the bra slid up - by the time I got to the Ahhh bra on HSN it was sold out so I bought it directly and will by more.

rambocat1310941853.793976 PostsRegistered 1/16/2008

Don't hang around waiting for the Breezies folks to read this post. Several years ago I ordered a bra that was really very pretty, forget the style #. When it got here the fit was awful. I measured the band and it measured almost a full inch shorter than the size it was suppose to be. I would think 34 inches is still 34 iinches even in China.

Since it was so pretty, I thought I would return it and size up. When the replacement arrived the band and cups fit good and the straps were too long to even stay up on the shortest adjustment. Since I liked the style, I shortened the straps myself and now I have a bra that fits.

I wrote a letter to the buyer telling her of the problems I encountered. She called me and apologized for the problems. Said she would pass my letter along go Kathy G and was sure I would hear from her. Guess the Gendels are really busy because its been about 3yrs and I never heard a thing. They're probably busy counting their money rather than worrying about quality control.

what a long strange trip it's been

fashionfav­es1310942293.923018 PostsRegistered 1/23/2005Just South of Sanity! ;)

I've never tried Breezies so I can't really speak to quality and fit. What I can say is that I could never buy a bra from a shopping channel. I need to try it on first. Tops, pants, etc. aren't as big of a deal as bras are...at least for me. I've also read many bad reviews of Breezies. There are so many great bras in a variety of styles and fit options in the stores. The stores have wonderful sales and no shipping/handling charges. No, no, no thank you!

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much, and most of all yourself."
A Neilen

di-mc1310942412.4937506 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

I can't stand the Ultimair. It's the itchiest, scratchiest stuff ever made! I've tried repeatedly washing the couple Breezies bras I have hoping to soften them up. Still can't wear them. Torture, like your bra is made out of scratchy wool. This stuff should be used for scrubbing floors.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

cops mom1312146757.66330 PostsRegistered 9/21/2008

I have ordered several style of Breezies bras and have ended up sending all of them back. They just do not fit me right. I would love to be able to wear them because they cost considerably less than my favorite Wacoal bra that fits me every time and is so comfortable. Don't know what the problem is. Sounds like I am not the only one with fit problems.

straitgirl1312147709.8721653 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I bought one of the breezie's that the daughter sold once. It was one of the worst I have ever purchased. All it did was ride up in the front. I get mine at JCP when I have a $15 coupon. Other than that I love VS but they cost too much for me now.

Troop_Angel1312147873.155424 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006

I bought a Breezie bra a few years back. I got a rash from it. My sister buys them, and really likes them. She said I should get the new razor back style that was on recently. It may have been a TSV or OTO, but I only purchased one. Glad I did, because I won't be buying any more. So far, I haven't itched or gotten a rash, but the bra is way too big and the straps are uncomfortable. I'll go back to the department store vendors. The Breezie vendors make it sound like you get drenched in sweat in that area. That is not my problem area. lol!

cherry1312219343.4216348 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005

The underwire in their bra's is too long..It digs into your under arm..I will not buy another

VaBelle351312219562.2039613 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I bought a set as a TSV a number of years ago and the material pilled after one wearing.

You are better off buying Playtex from Walmart.

QVC Shopper since 1993

GinaV241312219977.44501 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

I guess I'm lucky. For the most part, I've had very good success with the barely breezies part of the line. I can't wear the breezies at all since I'm not well endowed enough!

I bought one set of the panties, but they were too warm for me -- too much nylon.

I would love to try the ahhh bra, though, it sounds great. I recently bought the Snug camisole that they had on QVC ONE TIME! I absolutely love it, but I'm not sure if they are going to bring it back or not. I found it online at another retailer and ordered another couple so I will have them to wear. I do have to say I wouldn't recommend the tube top version of Snug though. It wound up around my waist all the time -- not a good look.

I gave up on Spanx, the suckers roll up on me all the time and I just don't have time to be pulling and tugging at things. I was at a dinner and I could feel it creeping up. I had to keep excusing myself from the table to go rescue my shaper. Ugh!

AngelLove21312220341.4172617 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

I had 2 breezies bras and they both went to Goodwill. Steinmart carries Wacoal for $26. With a coupon they are about $21. I have gotten Wacoal at Marshall's too for about $15. Can't find them there very often. The 2 that I got there years ago are still in great condition.

Page 1 of 5