Super Contributor

J K Rowlings "The Casual Vacancy"

FYI: For those of you who read the book (and those who didn't), the BBC and HBO have made a 3 part Mini Series which just aired in Britain and will air in the States April 29th. Here's the first look trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyGQJDitzCM

JK Rowlings was very pleased with the outcome when she saw it and said she cried at the end. I remember it had lots of memorable characters. Looks good.

Respected Contributor

Re: J K Rowlings ""The Casual Vacancy""

Oh, I'm interested in seeing that.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm embarrassed to say this is one book (of a few) I have on my Kindle that I have not read! The preview looks good and I'll probably watch.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting about this, Linders Back. I never read the book, but I would like to check this out. And, it has Julia McKenzie in it, Miss Marple from the series on PBS! I love her in that role.
Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2015 dawg lover said: Thanks for posting about this, Linders Back. I never read the book, but I would like to check this out. And, it has Julia McKenzie in it, Miss Marple from the series on PBS! I love her in that role.

I never read the book either but it sounds like a perfect story for a miniseries. I'm looking forward to it.

Trusted Contributor

It's on HBO? Smiley Sad I don't get that channel. Hopefully It'll come to PBS or Netflix soon.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this, Linders! I had no idea it's coming up so soon and I'm psyched Smiley Happy I read JK was very involved with the production, as she was with the Harry Potter movies, theme park and Potterville.

Now if the next Cormoran Strike novel would just come out. I loved the first two. BBC is already making a series of it, and she's said there will be at least seven -- so ready for number three!

Super Contributor

Tonight's the night. 2 hours Ends with one hour tomorrow night.