Respected Contributor

What Are You Reading --- March 2015

This book thread is started on the first of each month.

Some suggestions for posting here:

~ underline, bold or CAPITALIZE the name of the book you're reading - it makes it easier for us readers to see what it is

~ include the author of the book - there are so many books with the same title (if you are recommending a book we want to make sure we read the right one!)

~ post a few words about the book - would you recommend it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} or not {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

~ tell us the book genre - is it mystery, romance, historical, biography, etc.

***There is no obligation to do any of the above.Smile

As always, all posters are welcome here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's March (come on Spring!) and my reading isn't really picking up. Maybe one book a month.

Right now I'm getting ready to start Far Gone by Laura Griffin.

Happy reading all! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2015

I just started Playing with Fire, by Theo Fleury. He is a retired hockey player. I am a long time NY Rangers and hockey fan.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Raging Heat by "Richard Castle"

Some of my favorite authors have books coming out in April, so I'm looking forward to those.

Trusted Contributor

I just read Danielle Steel's new book, "PRODIGAL SON". It was a fast, enjoyable read, about two very different twin brothers.
Honored Contributor

Hardly high-brow literature I know, but I need an escape right now.............

Image result for the cartel 2

Honored Contributor

Tracy Waterhouse leads a quiet, ordered life as a retired police detective-a life that takes a surprising turn when she encounters Kelly Cross, a habitual offender, dragging a young child through town. Both appear miserable and better off without each other-or so decides Tracy, in a snap decision that surprises herself as much as Kelly. Suddenly burdened with a small child, Tracy soon learns her parental inexperience is actually the least of her problems, as much larger ones loom for her and her young charge.

Meanwhile, Jackson Brodie, the beloved detective of novels such as Case Histories, is embarking on a different sort of rescue-that of an abused dog. Dog in tow, Jackson is about to learn, along with Tracy, that no good deed goes unpunished.

Trusted Contributor

Will be starting A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler later today. Also picked up a couple of older Nora Roberts books at the library to re-read (Black Hills & Chasing Fire). I have a long list on hold at the library--can't wait to get my hands on some of them. I find a lot of upcoming books on Book Page that I get ahold of at (wait for it) the library. Can you tell that I love my local library??? BTW, I highly recommend The Girl on the Train if you're looking for something interesting to get into. I've seen some iffy reviews on it, but the ending is a big surprise.

Honored Contributor

Finished Vanessa and Her Sister by Priya Parmar which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. Nice touch - a list of the characters in the book to look back at.

What if Virginia Woolf’s sister had kept a diary? For fans of The Paris Wife and Loving Frank comes a spellbinding new story of the inseparable bond between Virginia and her sister, the gifted painter Vanessa Bell, and the real-life betrayal that threatened to destroy their family. Hailed by The New York Times Book Review as “an uncanny success” and based on meticulous research, this stunning novel illuminates a little-known episode in the celebrated sisters’ glittering bohemian youth among the legendary Bloomsbury Group.

Honored Contributor

Not much liking the new Hamish book, Death of a Liar. It's boring me-keep falling asleep.

Honored Contributor

Just finished Still Alice, Lisa Genova. Very good book hope to see the movie in the future.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."