Super Contributor

Who has read Gone girl and seen the movie. I have a questioning

I read the book, dose the movie end the same as the book?
Respected Contributor

Re: Who has read Gone girl and seen the movie. I have a questioning

I haven't read the book, or seen the movie, but one of my friends said the movie was AWFUL! She said people literally yelled at the end of it in her screening!
Super Contributor

The book was very good the ending I did not like, that's why I asked the question.
Esteemed Contributor

The movie is very true to the book.

Super Contributor

Thank you alter ego.
Trusted Contributor

Was the movie as bad as others say? I was really excited to see it, and my husband even said that the trailer looked pretty good and he'd like to see it with me (he did not read the book). But if it is as bad as most books-into-movies, I will wait for it to make its way to Netflix!
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 CAshopper2011 said: Was the movie as bad as others say? I was really excited to see it, and my husband even said that the trailer looked pretty good and he'd like to see it with me (he did not read the book). But if it is as bad as most books-into-movies, I will wait for it to make its way to Netflix!

Movies are a matter of somebody's personal opinion and experience. My co-worker saw it and hated it. I liked it as did my mother; my local reviewer gave it an A score and I usually agree with his opinions. I'm sure other reviewers had other opinions (is there a particular reviewer you agree with? That is usually the best way to go - I know many people wonder why anyone would listen to reviewers, but this is precisely why. You find one you tend to always agree with and then you don't waste your time.)

Did you read the book? Did you like it? If you know how it ends, is it something your husband would call foul about?

On a purely production level, the movie is very well done. Anything missing from the book I certainly didn't notice or miss. Yes, there are probably some nuances that are missed, but you'll get that with any movie. Casting good, acting good, production good. The book's author did the screen play. If you like the book, I don't think you will be disappointed in the movie. But, be prepared for an adult film - my co worker didn't expect some of the situations (I wish I could say which one specifically but I don't know if you read the book and I don't want to spoil anything. In fact, I can't say for certain if the scene was in the book or only implied. It's something Amy did in the 2nd part of the book.)

Honored Contributor

I read the book but don't plan to see the movie. I liked the ending, it was the perfect ending to what had gone on before. Anyone feeling bad for Nick, shouldn't.

Super Contributor

For me the book was a real page turner, it just the ending that stinks.
Respected Contributor

Loved the book, thought the ending was extremely clever.