Respected Contributor
Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Louise Penny, any Inspector Gamache mysteries. Set in Quebec/Montreal.

Anything by Robert Crais, my favorite is "Demolition Angel".

Anne George Southern Sisters series.

All books by Peter Robinson.

Craig Johnson wrote the books that the television series "Longmire" was based on and the books are really excellent.

Trusted Contributor

I was also going to say Anne George's Southern Sisters series. They are funny mysteries and among my favorites. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Another good series for fun mysteries is Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, starting with One for the Money.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (an oldie but goodie, and one of my favorites)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley

Get Shorty by Elmore Leonard (first in Chili Palmer series)

Abby Cooper: Physic Eye by Victoria Laurie (also a series)

The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell

Frequent Contributor

Anything by the following authors (but I would recommend reading them in order since many of the books build on the previous one):

Louise Penny

Elizabeth George

P.D. James

Martha Grimes

Tana French

Jonathan Kellerman

Michael Connelly

Stieg Larsson

Trusted Contributor

Add to your list:

Maisie Dobbs mysteries by Jacqueline Winspear. The first in the series is simply titled Maisie Dobbs.

Respected Contributor

Michael Robotham

Valued Contributor

I've just started Lianne Moriarty's The Husband's Secret. I know that this is a "hot" book right now and I know it's a mystery of some sort, but that's all I know! It gets really great reviews on Amazon.

Oh, and btw, I mention the Amazon reviews b/c I always think it's good to take into consideration what others are saying. However, being a life long reader and past member of a many-geared book club, I know that reading is SUCH a personal thing. I try to never make assumptions about what others will like. So please know that I don't know much about this book, but I've started it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

I recommend the Bob White mystery series by Jan Dunlap. If you like birds and nature, you should like these books. They are set in Minnesota and the main character is a high school guidance counselor.

Contributor

BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP by S J WATSON. This is a psychological thriller. IT comes out Halloween at the movie theaters. A real page turner!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm reading the new "Agatha Christie" book. It's really by Sophie Hannah. She has picked up where Christie left off. It's a Hercule Poirot mystery. I don't usually do this. I think I just want him to be there when I want a good mystery. I'll give it a bit more time before I decide if I like it. Don't find the coziness of Christie books, but I'm liking it so far.