Honored Contributor
If I stay. Just stared it & The fault in our stars. I'm loading up on books to read this winter. I hope to have more time this year to do this.
Has anyone read either or both books? They are movies now, but please don't ruin the story for me or others (comments) thanks.
Respected Contributor

I didn't like If I Stay I would only recommend it for young readers.

Respected Contributor

Aren't both of these books for young readers? I have too many other books I want to read before I resort to YA..

Valued Contributor
While I'm not a huge YA reader, I did read and enjoy The Fault in Our Stars. I think this was one of those YA books that crossed its genre line well. I only know If I Stay b/c I've seen the movie trailers lately and a friend read it prior to her 12-yo reading it--just to see if it was appropriate.
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm not far off on what I noticed from what I've read. Maybe I'll wait on the 2nd one. I may wait longer on the first one, not delivering the punch I'd like. LOL, thanks ladies.

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm not far off on what I noticed from what I've read. Maybe I'll wait on the 2nd one. I may wait longer on the first one, not delivering the punch I'd like. LOL, thanks ladies. The movies looked good, but I had no idea they were for YA. Oh me!

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm not far off on what I noticed from what I've read. Maybe I'll wait on the 2nd one. I may wait longer on the first one, not delivering the punch I'd like. LOL, thanks ladies. The movies looked good, but I had no idea they were for YA. Oh me!

Honored Contributor

submit button stuck, LOL

Respected Contributor
On 8/27/2014 qualitygal said:

For If I Stay I don't think there is going to be any punch. There is a sequel to it so if you figure out the ending you haven't missed anything. I think The Fault In Our Stars is supposed to be a lot better. I think some YA can be pretty good.

Frequent Contributor
On 8/26/2014 lovescats said:

I didn't like If I Stay I would only recommend it for young readers.

I didn't like that book either.

I DID like the Fault in our Stars!