Esteemed Contributor

As JUDALINE points out in Lainey's monthly thread, Louise Penny is set to release her new book in August. It is called THE LONG WAY HOME. Here is a synopsis. Looks good! LM .......... Former Chief Inspector of Homicide, Armand Gamache, has found a peace he’d never imagined possible, away from the front line of the police and in the tranquil village of Three Pines. But when his friend Clara Morrow asks for help, he can’t bring himself to refuse her, despite the old wounds it threatens to re-open. Clara’s husband, Peter, is missing, having failed to come home on the first anniversary of their separation, as promised. As Gamache journeys further into Quebec, he is drawn deeper into the tortured mind of Peter Morrow, a man so desperate to recapture his fame as an artist that he would sell his soul. As Gamache gets closer to the truth, he uncovers a deadly trail of jealousy and deceit. Can Gamache bring Peter, and himself, home safely? Or in searching for answers, has he placed himself, and those closest to him, in terrible danger . . .

Respected Contributor

I love the Inspector Gamache series!

Respected Contributor

Lilysmom, thanks for the synopsis. It sounds really good and I love her writing style. I have this on pre-hold as an audio book (the only way it's available through my e-library). I usually don't have the patience for an audio version but I'll make an exception for this.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it sounds like a good one. I'm happy she is back in Three Pines with the original cast. LM

Honored Contributor

It sounds good but wouldn't you know-those are not two of my most favorite characters. But I'm sure I'll love it. I wonder if the duck is back? Didn't she fly away last time? It made me very sad. Hope we get to go to the Inn-I'm sure he has breakfast there every morning. I get so hungry when I read these books. I also guess we'll be seeing his wife a lot.

Esteemed Contributor
Love the duck! Maybe Clara did Peter in ... Remember how jealous he was of her success?
Honored Contributor

Hmmm...... interesting theory. We'll see. I hope Ruth has her duck. She kills me, that Ruth.

Frequent Contributor

I have this preordered on my Kindle. It will be interesting having Gamache living in Three Pines.

Honored Contributor

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. In other words, maybe the subsequent Gamache novels will all be in Three Pines.