Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum.

I'm not sure how this sub-forum works, but I'll do my best. Here goes.

I think Nick Chavez' Velvet Mesquite Serum is a nice gift for someone who has dry hair and patches of dry skin. There are times when people use shampoo and conditioner on their hair, but it's still left feeling dry. This Velvet Mesquite Serum might help with that.

First, the bottle says that it works on all hair types and ethnicities, so it should work well for any hair type. The instructions for it says 1 pump for fine, thinning hair, 2 pumps for regular hair and 3 pumps for thick, coarse hair. What you do is you put the needed amount in your hands, rub it together a little and then distribute it all throughout your hair. It also says that you can add 2 drops to conditioner for more moisture and detangling.

A very good thing about this serum is that it's not oily or greasy. Once you massage it into your hair, your hair will drink it up. When you go to feel your hair, it will feel very soft, but you won't feel any residue on your hands. It also won't make your hair feel heavy or weighed down, either.

The Velvet Mesquite has no color (it comes out clear) and it has a pleasant scent to it. The smell is nice, but not overwhelming, harsh or in-your-face. It's not flower-y or super-botanical. Just fresh and nice. Because it doesn't have a "girly" smell, men can use this, too. It will also add a nice shine to your hair.

Because it's a serum, I don't think it can be used as a lotion for all around dry skin. Just for those patches of dry skin. The bottle says for skin, use 1-2 pumps for dry areas, like elbows, nail beds, feet, dry scalps or anywhere moisture is needed.

I've used this and it works well for me. It might be worth a try for those that are interested. As an additional note, the bottle may look like glass, but it's not. It's just clear resin, so it's not super fragile. Though, I don't think anyone should try dropping it. The only setback one might see in this is that the part of the bottle containing the serum is not clear, so you don't know how much you've used or how much is left. Still, it's a pretty good size amount for hair serum - 2 fl oz.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder

Re: Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum.

if you use the serum, when do you use the restoring spray?  they both say use on damp hair.  Which would be first?

Respected Contributor

@NC Bandwagon @queenofqueens

I also use it on DRY hair, second day hair, and it works wonders. Adds shine and softness. I just put two drops in my hands, rub together, then distribute to my hair (not scalp, just half way down the shaft to the ends). 

Treats my hands and cuticles at the same time. Bonus!

Honored Contributor

I love this serum...I have fine thinning hair and I use one pump, the day after I wash my hair, as I do not wash my hair every day, and it works wonders. It leaves my hair soft and silky, but not weighed down...

Esteemed Contributor

Even though this topic is from the past, I was late in finding any of Nick Chavez' newer products ref: hair.

Thank You to @NCBandwagon postings about all Mesquite products. I actually thought he was not being seen or worse- deleted from the program listings!

I believe I read all reviews from( those) customer satisfaction, so did _ learn_ how great this newer version was or hoped to be one of my favorites. I had seen one of his hour long shows approximately 2 months ago, purchasing every new product but have no idea how I missed the serum!???

Love this Mesquite ingredient in everything- so far as knowing-just coming in as late. 

" Definitely a hair buff buyer's name "........

If anyone can tell me about the NC shampoo \volume, I would greatly appreciate that. Do not like hair conditioning products, so will set that aside for now,,,,,unless - otherwise reading. Thank you in advance. 

NAES

Respected Contributor

Hello, @queenofqueens and welcome. Smiley Happy

I use Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum on wet hair, but the Velvet Mesquite Serum bottle says, "Rub into hands, then evenly distribute through DAMP or DRY hair." So yes, it can be used on damp or dry hair.

Hello, @NAES1. Smiley Happy

Sre you talking about Nick's Advanced Volume shampoos and conditioners? I don't use them, but when I was watching Nick on QVC Germany, someone asked him the difference between his Volume and Plump 'N Thick shampoos/conditioners.

Nick said that his Volume products give lift at the root of the hair. Plump 'N Thick products give all over thickness to the hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Esteemed Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, @queenofqueens and welcome. Smiley Happy

I use Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum on wet hair, but the Velvet Mesquite Serum bottle says, "Rub into hands, then evenly distribute through DAMP or DRY hair." So yes, it can be used on damp or dry hair.

Hello, @NAES1. Smiley Happy

Sre you talking about Nick's Advanced Volume shampoos and conditioners? I don't use them, but when I was watching Nick on QVC Germany, someone asked him the difference between his Volume and Plump 'N Thick shampoos/conditioners.

Nick said that his Volume products give lift at the root of the hair. Plump 'N Thick products give all over thickness to the hair.

~~~~∆∆∆∆~~~~

@NCBandwagon, "whoa....I definitely ( not unusual for me) could be confused with my old versus anything more recent". I was able to watch the last show, the one that you had time scheduled...maybe in February for very early March. Does that sound familiar with you [USA] show?

The shampoo \conditioner was NOT Mesquite. I remember the new(?) volume, however did not need anymore conditioning products. 

I haven't seen the older version what I _did have_ Volume Plump& Thick (pink bottle) in a very long time.

Thanking you for letting me know if or still available. 

@Maybe @JanCA may know more than I do since she has Nick do her hair shaping,etc.

Take care...have a great day...You are so very knowledgeable about all products.

Woman HappyNAES 

Super Contributor

Hi NAES!  I just saw your post -- I worked all day, then went to the San Jose Sharks playoff game and just got home a few minutes ago.  I'm a die-hard fan, so am very happy tonight! 

As for Nick's shampoos/conditioners, they have evolved and changed a bit over the years.  Advanced Volume is the one that Nick would probably recommend to the larger percentage of his customers.  He recommended it for me and my fine, thin hair.  It's great for my color-treated hair, and gives me good volume.  My hair is very healthy and not at all dry.  The Thirst Quencher is geared more towards people with dry hair, and Plump 'N Thick is the one that gives volume, but is paraben and silicone-free, for those that prefer those products.  Depending on what your priorities are, NAES, will determine what shampoo/conditioner is preferable for you.  I used Plump 'N Thick for many years and loved it, but with Nick's recommendation, switched to the Advanced Volume when he created that line.  Really, though, regardless of what line you use of Nick's, I don't think you can go wrong.  The quality and the benefits his products provide are across the board, regardless of which line you use.  Also, I love the fact that his products are all highly-concentrated, so you don't have to use tons of product to cleanse/condition your hair.  His products go a long way and last a long time.  I've always believed that his products are probably cheaper cost-wise than many shampoos that are sold over-the-counter, because you're getting more product and less water, if that makes sense!  (I hope I conveyed my point ok!)

If you have any other questions, I'll try to check back here this weekend.  Life has been crazy -- I just celebrated my 55th birthday last weekend, and did some more celebrating during the week!  Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great weekend!

Janice

Respected Contributor

Happy birthday to you, JanCA. Hope you had a great birthday. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you, @NCBandwagon. It's been great !